News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tulare,CA. October 26-27, 2013

Started by Cal 7.62, October 30, 2013, 01:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

Even though it's been a week ago I still have a smile on my face. :)
This is the nicest range I've ever been to. The staff was very accommodating to Appleseed.  :bow:
They even let me use the range Rhino to haul all the SB stuff to our area.
Sam the range man worked hard scaring up some bodies   ~~:) for this shoot.  :~
We started out with 4 pre-reg's. I called Sam on Fri. afternoon and he said he had 4 more plus himself.  O0
By Sat. AM we had 13 of our fellow Americans ready to drink from the fire hose of instruction and heritage.
The shooters groups got smaller as the Sling use, Steady Hold Factors, Six Steps & NPOA were applied.
Unfortunatly, James, who wasn't feeling well all morning  had to leave @ lunch. We missed ya James!
The students were in for a heritage treat with V's introduction and 1st Strike at lunch. Garand 56's 3rd Strike got em thinking  too.
By Sat. evening we had two Riflemen who knew what they were about.  Jeff, a first time Appleseeder shot a 225 & a 226.
Jesus, a previous rifleman, re-qualified. (Sorry Jesus, forgot to write down your score.)  :slap:
Sunday we managed to wring one more Rifleman out of the AQT grind. Sean scored a 219 & a 217 for his Rifleman patch. :---
The youngsters in our group were great. Attentive, courteous & hardworking. If all the youth today were like these, our future would be much brighter 
All our students put forth a great effort, and their groups showed it. I know with application of the Appleseed curriculum and more dry practice, we'll get some more Riflemen on our return to Tulare.
I know I couldn't have done it without V's & Garand 56's help.
Thanks guys!  :bow:  :bow: 
I can't wait to set up the next date.  ^:)^
Feel free to chime in folks.
Steve out.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

1) We forgot about the auto sprinklers so the flags got wet, but they dried out by Sunday eve.  :slap:
2) Checking targets
3) Matthew models
4) V & SHF's
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

5) V hard @ work
6) Sun. afternoon survivors
7) Rifleman Sean. Congratulations!

bob 210

Great job guys at putting this all together! Lokks like a nice range. Thanks to the range folks and the good Americans that showed up! Congratulations to our new Rifleman!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA