News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Generic AS Promo Flyer

Started by 308LIBERTY, October 29, 2013, 10:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

I decided to try something a little different with the extra space.

DwightC
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Charles McKinley

It looks very nice.   The touch of color is going to drive up the cost of printing.

Don't print out a ton the prices change the end of the year.  The prone position isn't the one we teach.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

308LIBERTY

It's not necessary to print it in color. It will print just fine black and white and also photocopies well. I've been looking for a perfect diagram of the prone position as we instruct it, but this is the closest I've come so far. I might just have to utilize my drawing skills when I have more time.

DwightC
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Steck

DwightC, would you be willing to post the underlying file, to make it easier to change the underlying contact information?

Micah

I like the general design a lot, but I have two suggestions. First off, besides the position being a little off, it's a pretty low resolution image to start with. I don't know what it looks like printed, but I have a feeling that it would show up and detract from the overall quality. Where did you get the image from? Maybe they could provide a higher resolution version of it, assuming you had permission to use it (if not, that could be a copyright issue). I like the picture there, so hopefully there's an alternative. Any resident appleseed artists?

My second suggestion is the "What you should bring" section. The flyer is pretty word-heavy and that information isn't really necessary. They'll have to come to the website to register anyways, where they will find an extensive what to bring list. Something that could be good to put there is that Appleseed is for all ages. I know I've heard at my local range that members thought it was a kids-only event.

Just my two cents, great work.

EDIT: After looking at your Florida specific flyer, I think the 'what you should bring' space would be great for customizing per location. That way we could keep the image and "Will you take the challenge?" text and still include shoot dates for ranges near where you're handing them out.

oladcock

Yep, it's not generic with the FL info, calibers, etc...And I'm too cheap to buy the .pdf editor! :) Looks good though. I don't think the prone drawing are specific enough to be a problem....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

308LIBERTY

I took some of the advice and made additional changes. There is now plenty of space at the bottom to add personal contact info. I did some editing and addressed the "ammo drought" issue which I personally found to be an invalid excuse (just my opinion) and touched up the image some in photoshop until I find something that suits my purposes better (improvise, adapt, overcome). Seeing how this project stemmed from my shoot boss needing a promo flier "like yesterday" I think this more than meets the mark, but I'm sure it will be improved again over time.

DwightC

PHenry

Huzaaah!

Many thanks for your efforts Dwight - will send this last one to my printer today and get a bunch for the Life Changes Expo this weekend at the Lakeland Center. Nicely done sir!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

Version 3 with the actual RWVA logo and the QR code which I uploaded to the Promo forum earlier.

PHenry

Dang! Just sent earlier version to printer for 2000 copies!

Just called printer and they have not run it yet - yippee!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

Just printed a copy - looks great. Only change I might suggest would be to change "marksmanship training" to "marksmanship education".

I love the part about "But isn't ammo expensive?" - classic Rifleman answer - suck it up and do it.  O0

Outstanding sir!

Micah

Looks great, I like the decision to add a few quick FAQs.

PHenry

Mt printer was able to swap training for education and will print 2000 copies on a desert tan paper for $140.

Many thanks DwightC!  :---

308LIBERTY

That's great news. Good luck at the expo!

DwightC