News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nappanee Oct 26-27 AAR

Started by stagehand steve, October 29, 2013, 08:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stagehand steve

We had a great weekend at Nappanee Conservation Club.  The weather was cool, but clear.  Saturday was very windy but it didn't affect the enthusiasm of the shooters.  We had some people who could only be with us on Saturday, but the crowd who returned Sunday enjoyed some great weather.  It was a pleasure working with you all!

== stagehand steve ==

Here we are starting early in the morning with just a bit of wind:

We are getting going with a great line.  That is club president and Appleseed rifleman Jeff in the foreground looking after his daughter and doing a great imitation of an instructor.  Riflegirl (aka Alex) is showing off her shiny new orange hat.  Also Pitmaster is caught on film with one of the rare moments of him standing still while he does his Blue Hat duties.

Riflegirl helping a student with her sling:

Kim working her rifle while Nita and Bob are showing great perseverance with some rifle hardware issues.

Riflegirl calling the line:

Steve and his friends showing great form:

Brian, Dennis, Liz and Charley

Pinkie (aka Katelyn) showing off the best redcoat of our shoot on Sunday morning:

And oh yeah... somebody got a new hat (also known as more work to do  ;) )

Kim and Pinkie showing off:

That's it for now.  I might have a few more photos when I check the wife's camera.

"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

ATM

What a great weekend!  ^:)^

Many thanks to the Nappanee Conservation Club for hosting and catering to us this weekend. Club president Jeff (tinman) made sure that we lacked nothing, laboring and sharing throughout the event with us.

No matter where I go, I always meet the finest folks at Appleseeds. You each did a great job looking out for one another, reconnecting with our shared heritage and improving in the fundamentals of marksmanship.  O0

I love seeing families and friends on the line sharing the experience.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and see you back on the line again. Don't forget to tell others and bring them back with you.

Will post more later, but wow... that was a real nice weekend. Thanks everyone!  :bow:
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

tinman

What a great weekend to share with my daughter. You guys all did an awesome job! Thanks for coming out and putting in so much effort.

Tinman....

Pitmaster

I had a great time. This was an excellent Appleseed with a range of experiences.

Tinman, I bet you had a great time with Pinkie. SASS enjoyed playing with her too. I wish I could have been there Sunday.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

tinman

If anybody got pictures of pinkie and I shooting and spotting for each other at the 100 yard line, I'd really appreciate a copy.

Tinman....

ATM

Quote from: tinman on November 05, 2013, 11:45:16 AM
If anybody got pictures of pinkie and I shooting and spotting for each other at the 100 yard line, I'd really appreciate a copy.

Tinman....

Sadly, my camera was AWOL for most of the event and I didn't get any.  :-[

However... I do recall her spotting feedback while you were shooting: "V... V... V... you're in the dirt... V..."

I think that perhaps one of those calls might not have been you, sir.  **)

Good times, good memories, let's make some more next season at Nappanee!

Anybody else have pics or feedback? Everybody remember how to make your rifle safe?  ;) lolz

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

tinman

Yea, we might need to add a spotting 101 to the curriculum in the future  ;D

She does still use the steps to make it safe, she has even been known to sing them..... wonder where she learned that from?