News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sparta, Illinois October 26-27

Started by Mutti, October 28, 2013, 07:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutti

We had a cool start on Saturday morning. The breeze certainly encouraged 25 enthusiastic Attendees and the Instructors to keep moving!

Here are few photos and cannot wait to see the moments that everyone else captured.

Tell us about your weekend and hope to see you at another Project Appleseed.

Saturday AM RedCoat :

RiflesNReins / EODTech model Steady Hold Factors: Prone.  KD Cat assists in pointing out from both side views as Mutti talks us through.

Shoot Boss on the Line!

Jeremy and Pierre

NPOA is there - just don't let the Time Monkey get ya'

Natalie you did an excellent job. Look up Keep_Smilin_TX and meet up at another shoot! Great team.

This could have been 50 years ago. Enjoyed learning from you Wesley and watching you through the Weekend.

Dad - now that you've got that patch, encourage safe dry firing. Brandon and Natalie - 170's and 190's - rockin' it. Jodi - The groups are there, just takes time.

----

Remember I told you I'd use this pose -  Rest up from the Weekend and come on back !

mutti
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Steck

What a good-lookin' group of students! 

Looking forward to even more pictures.

KD Cat

What a great group of shooters! Saturday was slightly windy, however the temperature was awesome.  All the shooter were doing great and they absorbed all the instruction very well. On Sunday everyone improved greatly and worked the AQT grind well. I would like to thank all the shooter's for coming out, and I hope to see you again.

See you all again soon.

KD Cat.

Drink more water ~~:) ~~:)
When a man loves cats, I am his friend without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

RiflesnReins

This weekend to put it rather simply AWESOME!!!! I really mean it. Not only did I have the chance to work with some willing and attentive students, but some pretty cool Instructors as well. This has probably been the most studious group of shooters I have worked with so far. I hope to see all of the attendees at Appleseeds next year.

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

olefido

How did Sunday go? Wish I could have been there.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Chubs

We had a great time this weekend.  This was our first Appleseed, but it won't be our last.  The marksmanship instruction was just as excellent as the history lessons.  Thanks to all of the instructors for their effort and dedication.  You taught us a lot!  Looking forward to seeing you again. 

Chubs

SureShotSpartan

Congratulations to all on what appears to have been a wonderful event!
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

Powder Monkey

Sun, fresh breeze, history, new riflemen, a new GREEN HAT, new friends, strengthening of old friendships, what more could one ask?  Without a doubt a fabulous weekend!  Truly a family affair with several generations all learning together as well as teaching together.  It is a real, live Norman Rockwell painting of Community and Americana. A great weekend.  Cannot wait until we can do it again!
So you're still a cook?  Hey, at least you are here, which is a whole lot better than everyone else not here.  PERSEVERE!  You WILL  succeed!

RuralSurgeon

I enjoyed the weekend immensely, and I learned a tremendous amount about how to shoot a rifle.  The first thing I need to do now is rework my rifle to get it to fit.  We really had an excellent group of instructors.  As it is with many things, it is not complicated.  You continually worked with our basics, and it was reflected in continually improving scores.

This was my first rodeo with a rifle.  I will be back again.  Next time I will be better prepared.  I will have all of the equipment I need, I will have my rifle fitted, and I will be able to practice a bit more ahead of time.

RuralSurgeon

I enjoyed the weekend immensely, and I learned a tremendous amount about how to shoot a rifle.  The first thing I need to do now is rework my rifle to get it to fit.  We really had an excellent group of instructors.  As it is with many things, it is not complicated.  You continually worked with our basics, and it was reflected in continually improving scores.

This was my first rodeo with a rifle.  I will be back again.  Next time I will be better prepared.  I will have all of the equipment I need, I will have my rifle fitted, and I will be able to practice a bit more ahead of time.

I could not figure out how to get one of the emoticons into my message.  The little guy to the left of the girl with the red on her head about seven from the right end has to be modeled on KD Cat.  You go girl.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/happy.gif