News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harvard MA 10/19-20/13 AAR

Started by Lima Tango, October 27, 2013, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lima Tango

What else can I say other than this was a great weekend for Appleseed. We had 18 shooters on Saturday. 12 of those were first time Appleseeders. Some were new to shooting but others had considered themselves "good" shooters. The Redcoat Target proved otherwise with only 8 shooters going 3 for 3 in the 100 yard target. Accuracy dropped off expectedly with only 1 shooter going 3 for 3 at the 400 stage. With the Redcoat Target telling it like it is, our shooters set to work on learning what we could teach them about position, the 6 steps, and NPOA.
We made one new Rifleman out of Skip on Saturday and also had one returning Rifleman with Joe E. While I would have liked to see more people break 210, it is not easy to do on Saturday. Our afternoon Redcoat Target showed 11 shooters going 3 for 3 on the 100 yard stage and 5 got the Murphy Square. Skip ended up cleaning the Saturday afternoon Redcoat. I happily issued Young Patriot patches to Chris and Allison, ages 10 and 12, who gave 100% effort all day!

Sunday brought 3 returning shooters, Skip, Remer, and Tom; and 2 more Sunday only shooters who are prior Appleseed vets, Tim & Christina. The Sunday morning Redcoat Target was handled better than expected by shooters and after some drills Remer and Skip shot Rifleman scores. Christina, a returning Rifleman, was having some issues early on. Now "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian" is a favorite phrase of mine but with some hands on help by myself and Voidoid we determined that some rifle gremlins may have been at work. With some excellent coaching by Voidoid, Christina was able to blast well north of the 210 mark.

To break up the grind we played a game with the star targets, 10 shots in cadence of the names of 10 patriots who died fighting in the cause of Liberty and their own country on April 19th, 1775. Both Remer and Tim had 9 hits, however Tim had more hits in the center so he walked away with a Coffin Broadsheet.

Aim gave us a lecture on KD shooting in the afternoon and we were able to cap off a great weekend filled with great shooting and great weather!
Thanks to all the shooters and thanks to our great staff: Aim, Voidoid, and Ulysses!