News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA October 19-20, 2013

Started by EZ3, October 22, 2013, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Let's start with a "Thank You" to Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting Project Appleseed for the last four years.   There is one more event scheduled at BVRPC this year, and it's a Winterseed!   Come on out, and see how your equipment works in the cooold.

There were a lot of highs and lows this past weekend - high scores and low temperatures, that is!  Ten motivated Americans braved the Saturday morning chill to partake of some Marksmanship and American Heritage instruction.  Most of the students came prepared, knowledgeable about their gear and some rifles were even zeroed.  This made it an easy morning for the instructors, and we thank you for that!  Evidence of the marksmanship potential of this group showed early, with three clearing redcoat targets on Saturday, and a fourth coming VERY close!  The clouds opened up on us a little after 2PM and limited the shooting somewhat, but that just made more time for history.

Sunday morning dawned with frost on the ground and winter in the air.  Presentations were the first order of the day, with Vitaniguncub accepting a Blue hat and entering the ranks of the Applecore volunteers!  Then Kevin, Mike, and Dave were inducted into the 1st Pennsylvania Rifle regiment in honor of clearing their redcoat targets Saturday.  They soon proved that their sharpshooting the previous day had been no fluke, as Dave (247), Mike (244), and Kevin (234) joined the ranks of those "who know well what they are about".  Later in the day Steven (216) stepped up as well, and he ended the day by clearing his final redcoat.  Huzzah!  The final presentation of the day was the Will Diamond patch, awarded to Alex for his persistence and unwavering commitment to following the Four Safety Rules.  What a day!

In closing, thanks to Stand, MrHappy, DeckApe and bcurfman for doing a fine job of running the event, so I could loaf.    >:D
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Houseofmoto

This was my second Appleseed at BVR&P and it was a fantastic event. You all helped me progress as a shooter, and presented me with solid advice to keep continuously improving.

At my first Appleseed, I think I cleared my 200 yard Redcoat target once.  The photos below show how much you helped me improve in a 6 month period of persisting and dry firing at home.  Wow!  It is amazing what one can do with open sights.  Thanks so much for the instruction and storytelling.

EZ3

Quote from: Houseofmoto on October 23, 2013, 11:20:52 AM
This was my second Appleseed at BVR&P and it was a fantastic event. You all helped me progress as a shooter, and presented me with solid advice to keep continuously improving.

At my first Appleseed, I think I cleared my 200 yard Redcoat target once.  The photos below show how much you helped me improve in a 6 month period of persisting and dry firing at home.  Wow!  It is amazing what one can do with open sights.  Thanks so much for the instruction and storytelling.

Keep up the dry firing, it will help you continue to decrease the group size.  If you have space, you can even simulate firing an AQT.  You might want to check out With Winning in Mind by Lanny Bassham for his thoughts on how far dry fire can improve your shooting.  Maybe you are ready for a CMP match?    O0
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Lilski

Sorry so late with the reply but I just got approved for the site. I had a great time shooting and learned I drag wood wat to much. Just want to say anyone who thinks they know how to shoot you will learn something and be a better shooter for it.