News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Holden, MO - Oct 12-13th 2013

Started by 209Ken, October 14, 2013, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

What a great weekend! Sunny, clear weather, safe shooters with teachable attitudes, I could not have asked for more.

Saturday had 30+ shooters learning the fundamentals of marksmanship and hearing the story of April 19th 1775. We saw great improvement through the day and shrinking groups on the paper.

About half of our group was Saturday only shooters, so our firing line shrank considerably on Sunday to 15. But we did not let up on them.   ~~:) We reviewed what we learned and started the AQT grind. This netted us 3 new riflemen.
Paige, our designated sniper had an impressive score in the 230's.
Jacob with a 214 shooting his centerfire rifle with iron sights.
Matt, who scored a 220 on the last AQT of the day.

Pictures to follow...
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

connibear

Glad you guys had a great shoot, and a safe one with so many shooters and so few instructors. You guys deserve a big thumbs up  O0  O0.

Congrats to all our new riflemen. Look forward to the pics.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

209Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln