News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando Sportsman's Club 10/12,13//2013

Started by PHenry, October 14, 2013, 05:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Great Event! Weather is getting nice and more folks are coming out. Leaving the couch behind them, 8 Americans came out to HSC for a weekend of Heritage and marksmanship ed. Sat had only two RWVA instructors on the line, but we done our best to keep it moving and offer the attention each shooter deserved.

We had two great young fellers on Sat - Ethan and Victor. Both exemplified what it means to be young Americans, showing grit and self-governance. Both shot well and presented zero safety issues. Hope to see them both and their fine dads again soon. Zane and Stephen were out and did very well - a patch in their future for sure.

Sat brung more instructors and more shooters - 12 in all. We even had a group in from Alaska! Boy do them Alaskans shoot well. Repeat "offender" John came out agin and this time made score with a center fire rifle in the fine tradition of our ancestors! Huzaaah! Bryan also made score and I believe this was his first event - way to go sir!

Frank came out with that amazing "work truck" of his - a Mil Surp Deuce and a Half! He offered to let the old shoot boss drive it and wild horses couldn't have got me to refuse. I came back asking everyone I saw - "Hey, u ever drive a deuce and a half?  - Well, I have!" I was told that the grin appeared permanent. Many thanks Frank.

We even had several center-fire rifles on the line - love that sound! Sounds like Liberty!

All in all, I can think of no better way to spend a weekend. The couch can wait and so can the lawn. Huzaaah! Huzaaah! Huzaaaah! O0
In Liberty,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata