News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

It's not too soon

Started by 9mm4545, October 14, 2013, 05:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Hello to all Florida shoot bosses and instructors! It is not too soon to be setting up shoots for 2014 and I am asking for your help. If you are a member of a gun club or have a working relationship with a local range, then I am asking for your assistance in getting some events onto the books for next year. If you have been a shoot boss at a range, then your assistance is requested in obtaining more events for next year. If we start submitting dates now, then arranging staffing and avoiding conflicting events can be done in plenty of time. As you are all aware, winter is our prime season and the time of the year when we can best fill the lines. If we can fill the winter months with events, then that may help make up for the dog days of summer when getting people out of the air conditioning can be a tough sell. But to do that, we need shoots on the schedule. So far, we have a shoot at a new location near Deland/Daytona (Big 3 Hunt Club) for Jan. 11-12 while Palm Bay has taken the lead and has booked for the whole year starting on Feb. 1-2. So, who's next? Just let me know the dates you have arranged and I will get them formatted and on the calendar. Thanks to you all for everything you do!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

stoneknives

FYI I just noticed Easter is on 20 April in 2014 it might behoove to double check your dates. IE; Superbowl, Easter, Mom Day
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

stoneknives

Follow up.
Here are some of the major possible Sat/Sun conflicts for Appleseed.

Super bowl 2014 2 Feb 2014, Palm Sunday 13 April 2014, Easter 20 April 2014, Mother's Day  11 May 2014, Father's Day 15 June 2014, July 4th on a Fri this year creating a 3 day weekend, Labor Day 1 Sept 2014, Thanksgiving 27 Nov 2012

Below is a link of other Holidays to keep an eye on, some of these dates might be turned to opportunities for promotion of Appleseed.  Example : a gift for Dad for Father's Day : Free pass on Groundhog day : you get the idea.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/2014
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

Sly223

Thanks for the heads up Stoneknives
Bruce what about April 19 &20?
So far I have MGAR-
jan11712
feb8&9
mar 15-16
April 19-20
may17-18
june14-15
july19-20
aug 16-17
sept13-143
oct.18-19
Nov & Dec. YTBD! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

PHenry

I have been hammering HSC for two months and they cannot come up with a single date, owing to added competitions and day changes therein. I asked them to create another range and this did not gain any traction. Last weekend I asked her about moving some of the competitions. No good, as there are apparently a lot of new ones (which kinda bugs me - since AS got bumped). the club secretary finally told me that one range or other is open often, but not same range both days. Voila! I have asked her to supply dates where I would have to move event from one range to other on Sunday. Will advise.

Also, I will submit EIP today for my own club finally (only took 7 years). Wyoming Antelope Club Nov 16/17 2013 Yippie! Once they see us in action - will hopefully git lots o dates for 2014. Also - will need crack staff for this event to achieve aforementioned lots o dates. Need some sharp instructors so I don't screw it up.  :wb:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

I'd be willing if it does not interfear with MGAR.
What about April 20th being Easter? ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

PHenry

Already broached this issue with Fred, who of course sees no issue with the date. Easter? What's Easter? Just kidding. He says he would prefer single day events to a different weekend and that's where I am headed. What say u all? April 19 is so important - we must do event that weekend. We can set them up as two-day and see what we git on Sunday, which would preclude any instructors from church and family or make the call now and simply offer Sat only event.

PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

I think April 19th would be a sad day without the smell of gunpowder (Liberty) in the air! I don't see why a 1-day event would be unreasonable or if we don't think it would be successful to the masses, what about a 1-day KD?
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

FLORIDANATIVE

Why not do a special event for April 19th? Just a one day thing. Other than the volley , something unique that people will not want to miss.
In any conflict,the boundaries of behavior are defined by the party who cares least about morality.

stoneknives

An Idea, Invite past Appleseeders to a 1 day Seed base it on fast Sunday schedule. Do the 3 Strikes Libertyseed style, do the position demos at one time . This will free up time for doing the 13 shot salute and give us time to do other "fun" stuff (steel). Feed everyone burgers and dogs, chilli and such, patches for the kids, tee shirts, posters. Make it a Liberty Celebration.

Minutemom

I'm not an instructor (yet  ;)), but I would love to see something like what stoneknives suggested above in Gainesville.  Easter Sunday would be out of the question for me, but I would definitely love to attend a fun shooting day on Saturday!  I would be willing to help out in some way.
Chris
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Sly223

I will write my Program of Instruction(POI),
for this weekend as such,
We will all have a great time,
As a ShootBoss that has a deeper understanding through shere exposure and tons of trail time I can now amend my courses on the fly and cater it to the needs of the shooters present.
No Two run the same and they just keep gettin' better!
Come on out and see for yourself! ..:.. :~
I do steel at every event too much fun!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

hardheaded

Sly

This is Randy from todays shoot at WAC 1... nice to meet you 2.. 762 club of central fl has shown interest in making the appleseed a group meet I know you said center fire can be used in MC . Give me a ring in the next week 727 481 5244  may try to set it up for dec 14th 

Randy aka Hardheaded
No way as way and set your only limitation as no limitation. A wise man said one who does not know his/her history will always repete it and sometimes modern times demand modern measures,

Sly223

HH,
Good Name,
Great to hear,
I greatly look forward to seeing you again, bring the people and We will do the rest! :--- :--- ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!