News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

History and Beer!!!

Started by mac66, October 12, 2013, 09:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac66

What's better than RW history?  Why RW history and beer, of course

Please join me on November 7, at 7 PM at the Liberty Street Brewing Co. 149 W. Liberty Street, Plymouth, MI for a night of interesting history and craft beer.

LibertySeed and LIberty Street Brewing Co. How cool is that?

If you ever wanted to see what LibertySeeds were about, what better way to do it but with a glass of hand crafted beer in your hand?  Bring a date, a friend, a neighbor, co-worker or whoever out for a fun evening of history and a cold one.

The owners at Liberty Street are excited and will be promoting the evening to their patrons and I hope we can generate enough interest to fill the room they are giving us. So spread the word,  hope to see you there.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

connibear

Intresting
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

ITB

Quote from: connibear on October 12, 2013, 09:39:40 PM
If beer is not allowed at appleseed events then why are they allowed at liberty seed events?

I'm not sure if this is a serious question.

1) No firearms are being handled or fired at a Libertyseed (except for the Brown Bess replica).
2) The event is being held at a brewpub.  I'm sure part of the reason the brewpub has given us the room is because they expect to see some sales from it.  The least we can do is oblige them.   ;)
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

scuzzy

I'd read somewhere that one of the enticements to get the militia out to the village green to practice shooting was the promise of beer afterwards.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AuntieBellum

Genius...sounds like a win-win to me. 

I only wish I were closer.  Guess I'll just have to schedule one!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

mac66

Interestingly, this came about because a person who came to an Appleseed belongs to "The Sons of Liberty Home Brewing Club"  which meets at the Liberty Street Brewing Co. in their very nice upstairs meeting room.  Originally it was just going to be a presentation to the club. They talked it up to the owners of Lib Street who got interested. I spoke to them last week and they ended up sponsoring the whole thing and are going to put it out to all their patrons. They are even printing up flyers and sending them to the local library to get history buffs to come out. Hopefully, we will get some people to attend and be able to spread the word some more. If it goes well, I would like to maybe do something with them for Patriot's Day next April 19th. The owners seemed to like the Liberty theme for obvious reasons.

From an historic standpoint beer played an important role in the quest for liberty. The original Sons of Liberty often met in the back rooms of taverns and made their plans over a brew or two.  Beer was the beverage of choice when the colonists decided to boycott rum that was imported from England, which by the way was made from sugar cane from the West Indies where Gen. Gage had large plantations.  "Drink more beer" was a rallying cry for the boycott. Beer is what got the militia to turn out for drill. Not only did Sam Adams make beer but many founding fathers had beer making operations on their estates, George Washington being one of them. 

Yeah, I have to bone up on my beer history for this presentation.  ;)
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

grunt soldier

This sounds like it could be a awesome event. Great idea!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

mac66

Ronald Reagan