News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Semilla de manzana (Creation of new Appleseed event)?

Started by calinb, October 11, 2013, 05:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calinb

Please download the November issue of "the Blue Press" and read the article on pages 20 and 21.  (Anyone here with PC-tendencies should not judge a book by its cover!)

http://www.dillonprecision.com/docs/November_2013_Blue_Press_2012_Blue_Press.pdf

Mr. Korwin provides a good summary of the lay of the land surrounding "immigration reform" and I think Appleseed should prepare for the inevitable, as he advises.  Regardless of how you feel about immigration and its use in politics, we (liberty-minded people) must make the best of it.  Let's bring as many new citizens aboard the liberty ship as possible and become active politically to make sure they are not subjugated as "3/5ths citizens!"

I hope to encourage comments, ideas, and perhaps the planning and development of a new Appleseed program with this post.  Let's be ready for what Mr. Korwin predicts!

slim

That's awesome and all... but we're having issues staffing the events we already have.

Perhaps if we speak Spanish AND have pistols... What? You wanted dialogue, right?

:pop:

Kosciusko

Or we can continue to deport  illegal aliens, repatriate if you want to be politically correct.

the US  oath of citizenship:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance
and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty
of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend
the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith
and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces
of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of
national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely
without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

How can someone who comes here illegally  be taken seriously when they swear to the above:

" that I will support and defend
the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith
and allegiance to the same;"

When they've already broken those laws to obtain citizenship.   

To me it sounds like: "I'll stop stealing from you all when I feel I've gotten what I wanted."

My ancestors came here legally.  They didn't ask for any special treatment,  demand the right to jump to the front of the line, commit crimes against those already here, or demand annexation of any part of this country back to the old country.

Deport the people here illegally, then we'll have a conversion about who gets to come here and whether we offer them marksmanship instruction when they become citizens.

In the meantime, I'll work on teaching the 270 million-plus  legal residents of this country.

You can go ahead and censor me now.

Kevin  Kotlarz

calinb

Quote from: Kosciusko on October 11, 2013, 08:50:01 PM
Or we can continue to deport  illegal aliens, repatriate if you want to be politically correct.
Korwin's point is that's not gonna happen!  I agree with him.  We should plan to make the best of what's coming.

Quote from: slim on October 11, 2013, 08:31:30 PM
That's awesome and all... but we're having issues staffing the events we already have.

Perhaps if we speak Spanish AND have pistols... What? You wanted dialogue, right?
:pop:

Haha--good point!  However, if Appleseed can even come close to meeting Fred's goal of doubling in size every year, there may be enough time to prepare for this inevitable "opportunity."

Charles McKinley

Buen venido a los Estados Unidos.  HABLE ENGLES!

Welcome to the the United States, SPEAK ENGLISH!

You cannot prosper without speaking English. Beyond this would get us way off mission.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

FiremanBob

There is already a great deal of evidence that those who come here from the south and refuse to learn English are not assimilating in other ways, either. This is opposite to the history of previous waves of immigrants. I do not believe that pandering to their language jingoism would win them over to American values.

At this point I will self-censor. My opinion: I do not support the idea of non-English language events.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

draken

I'm a naturalized US Citizen, My first language is Spanish. I took the Oath and I live by it.

My advise to wannabe immigrants: Learn and respect the language, traditions and history of the Nation you decide to make your own! After all, you choose it for a reason.

I know I'm very new here but I think that we need to keep the Traditions and History that we defend and teach in their original language. Now, if we find a patriot that came from another country, we, by all means, have to help him or her to learn and grow as an American.
"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

Earl

In so many ways I am happy to be old and getting ready for the recycle bin. George Washington had officers that spoke German, Polish, French and he didn't. They could fight and win our Liberty. But the idea that the Appleseed needs to be prepared to change languages? Not necessary, remembering this is a very volunteer organization, and getting IITs and RHs enough to provide quality Appleseeds in American English is tough. By the time there is a need for Appleseed in Spanish, it will be done in Mexico and concentrate on some of their revolutions, and their History and their heritage, they really do have a colorful history - they also seem to want a 'jefe'. 

On a personal note, I am torn between returning to renewing my fluency with Spanish, German and Korean - or the piano.  My fingers say the piano will make me happiest. I can learn to play the old hymns.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

GasMask

All I can say is that I argue for and promote freedom and critical thinking.   
And I'm in the pits  (South Los Angeles).

I've seen folks with minimal English at appleseed events and love it!   I remember speaking with a gentleman at an appleseed event that was visiting from Mexico.  He was there because his Son in Law (with English as his 2nd language) had brought him.  He was telling me about how nice it was "back in the day" when he and his friend would get together at their local gun and hunting club till the government decided to ban it.   And he was also saying that we'd "better be careful because we will soon end up like them if we ever fall asleep at the wheel"...     

It does not matter if I'm at my local gun store (Turners) or a family event....   I spread the seed of liberty.   
I never saw English instruction as a barrier or a problem.

So What ever is decided....   GOD SPEED.