News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bald Knob AR, Oct. 5-6 AAR

Started by hornet41, October 07, 2013, 03:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet41

Had seven eager patriots show up bright and early at VET's shooting range. After initial activities the first red coat was posted. The results showed we had our work cut out for us!! Squares were posted and we went to work. As it turned out everyone had a Ruger 10/22's and all had GI web slings!! No rigging required!!! What did we do to deserve this!!!!
Initial groups were O.K. but as the instructors worked with everyone, things began to improve fast! The weather forecast had t-storms forecast for the afternoon but as we watched the approaching clouds we thought it would miss us. Boy were we wrong!! Just as we were to begin the sitting transition it hit. Heavy rain. We all huddled under the pop up hoping to wait it out! I was about 3/4 through the third strike when lightening begin to strike in our area!!
Well, that did it. Checking weather there was no relief in sight till late Saturday night!! I suspended activities for the day to resume on Sunday. Safety first!! Always!
As a result, no red coat was shot Saturday afternoon and no red coat was shot Sunday morning as we were in the catch up mode!! Everyone showed up Sunday!! No sunshine patriots in this group!!
We resumed where we left off after the required safety briefing. As  AQT's were shot scores began to improve as the instructional points were reinforced. Everyone progressed!! Edith, Adam and Sean made great progress. Jarad shot a rifleman score with a 212 and earned his patch! Tom shot a rifleman score with a 224 and earned his patch! Nathan shot a 197, Stuart shot a 203.
Jarad and Tom went on to re qualify with a 219 and 213!! Highlight of the day for the program is that Jarad and Tom stepped up and accepted Orange hats!! Huzzah!!!!
A special thanks to the instructors; connibear, mike1alfa, quinncannon and our blue hat, Ruthie!! All did a great job and are a credit to the program!!
hornet41

hornet41

More photos as I get this uploading figured out!!

hornet41

Oops----one more! Don't laugh, I don't do this often enough!!!

IronscoutAmos

:)Lots of fun  thanks to all the good instructors

Jared

Where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty

mike1alfa

What fun!! Everyone did a great job and had lots of improvement O0 O0. Some I'me sure will make rifleman next AS. Congratulations to Tom and Ironscoutamos (Jared) the new orange hats!

Quinncannon

Thanks 'Mo for instructing at Bald Knob again! As usual, your expertise in instructing is highly effective in producing "Riflemen"!

Thanks to the other instructors too, Connibear and Mike1Alpha, thanks also to Blue Hat Ruthie!

Three Huzzahs to our new "Riflemen",  Tom and Jared and also for taking the "Orange Cap"! I could tell that you two finally put everything together and I'm sure you can shoot a Rifleman score on demand now!

Nathan and Stuart, hang in there, I'm sure you'll  earn the patch at the next Appleseed!

Edith, Adam and Sean, you all made good progress and just remember a "Rifleman Persists"!

Mike1Alpha, good job on requalifying! So far, members of the Carpenter family have scored "Rifleman" five times with one of my rifles! They have set a high standard for others to follow! ..:..

As usual, I had a great time, I'm looking forward to the next Appleseed at Bald Knob, maybe a Winterseed?  :)
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

hawkhavn

Good looking crew you all have there, on both sides of the line.
Discretion is always the better part of valor when lightning is coming down!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

connibear

Well as usual this was another great event. Thanks Mo for coming to SB this event. It was a pleasure to work with you. All the shooters showed tremendous improvement by the end of Sun. and several are just about to become riflemen. Remember to practice the steady hold factors, six steps, NPOA, and riflemen's cadence and then nothing should hold you back. Oh and remember sqeeeeeezzzzzzee the trigger and hold it back. Practice, practice, practice.

Congrats to Tom and Jared on your riflemen patch and orange hat. Welcome to the Instructor Corp.

Thanks to all the instructors, hornet 41 (shoot boss), Quinncannon, mike1alfa and blue hat, CarpenterClan, ya'll did a great job.

Here are some photos to look at.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

connibear

more pics.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

CarpenterClan

Thanks  Hornet41 for being our shoot boss. Quincannon, it was good to see you again, and thanks once again for having loaner rifles. Thanks also to mike1alfa and connibear. We had a good time even with the rain!  Ruthie.
"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

sticksnstones

I have been a huge proponent of Project Appleseed since I found out about it well over a year ago. September 2012 I shot my first Appleseed in Puryear, TN and was hooked. I have discussed it many time on a podcast that I am one of the hosts on. After scheduling mine for this year, I found out that my friend and cohost had scheduled his for the week before. I was excited to find out that he shot his Rifleman on his first round of AQT's. Yes I preached Appleseed enough to get his interest enough to ,not only attend one, but do well.
Enough of my story telling. Now to the shoot that I attended this past weekend in Bald Knob. Although we were challenged with rough weather on day one of the shoot all went well until the lightning storm came and we had to call it quits. Day two was a different story, the weather was perfect and we hit the ground running. Mo aka Hornet 41 got us going quick so we could cover everything and get to shooting AQT's. Well with some great instruction and pushing I was able to eventually shoot a 224 and followed that up with I believe a 219. None of this would have been possible without Connibear, Quincannon, mike1alfa, Ruthie aka CarpenterClan and of course Hornet41. Scores improved all day long from their great instruction. Jared also got his Rifleman, but I knew he would, as his form and skills were great.  Congrats Jared and thanks again to all of the instructors and VETS, the hosting range
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

Quinncannon

Tom, you displayed a good teachable attitude during both days of instruction! You showed constant improvement on all drills and AQT's. Shoting two Riflemen scores in a row proves you have arrived as a "Rifleman"! Thanks for taking the Orang hat!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Mother Cobbler

Such wonderful news.  Great to hear about the progress Edith, Adam,  Nathan, Stuart and Sean .  A rifleman persists. Jarad and  Tom congratulations on your score, getting a rifleman and becoming an orange hat! 
A special thanks to the instructors; Mo, connibear, mike1alfa, quinncannon and Ruthie!! I see Bald Knob is well taken care of.  I hope to be at another Bald Knob shoot soon to work with such a great team.
Mother Cobbler