News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Please Congratulate our New Indiana State Coordinator: spitfire51

Started by AuntieBellum, October 07, 2013, 10:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Please join me in congratulating spitfire51 in his new job as Indiana State Coordinator.  I'm careful here to say "job" deliberately.  It's not a promotion, a title, or a coronation.  It's a tough job with lots of work involved.  It requires hours of organizing, administrating, planning, and doing.  It requires a strong resolve, a dedication to the Appleseed mission, and a passion for Liberty and Freedom.  And he's the right person for the job. He'll need your support, your time, and your hard work to help him coordinate this great, and busy, state.  So thank you in advance for doing so, and thank you, spitfire51, for taking the reins.

As a side note, in case you're wondering, I haven't left.  My apologies if you were getting your hopes up and hoped you didn't have to see me on the trail anymore.   ;)  I stepped away from this job that requires more than I have to give at the moment.  Appleseed deserves, and needs, someone who can keep on top of the workload.  And I will work as hard as I can to make sure spitfire51 has everything he needs to do his job well.

Please join me in thanking spitfire51 for stepping up...and please send him a PM letting him know how you can help.  Thank you, spitfire!!!!!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

George Hacker

Thanks for stepping up, spitfire51.  I hope Indiana continues to grow under your leadership.  You have a great crew.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

stagehand steve

"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks for stepping up Spit!  I look forward to working with you.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

TJ Kackowski

SteelThunder

Yea! 

ST2 - who would like to argue that the Hellcat and the FW190 deserve a spot in your name too
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

grunt soldier

custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Uncle Davey

Steel Thunder- I already told him that Hurricane 47 was better but he won't listen!  :wb:
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

philagothon

Thanks for stepping up Matt.

May the shelves once again overflow with rimfire ammo during your reign! May our lines fill with shooters and the sea of colored hats swell beyond our shores! Long live the SC!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
(Wow, that was bad! :slap:)

We've got a great state here, keep us on track &) and know that we are here to help :sos:.
By the way, I have this great idea that the SC needs to run with; it should only require 60-70 hours per week. **)

Mudcat

Thanks for taking on a big job! I'm sure you will do fine.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

colycat

Its a hard job that can make or brake the state program. Truly the SC are the backbone of Appleseed.

You will make it happen O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

yellowhousejake

There are always jokes about getting thrown under the bus, left in the cold, drawing the short straw, etc. This was not one of those things.

Spitfire didn't get stuck with the job, he was asked to step forward, and he did.

I have every confidence that we are in good hands.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

ATM

Another vote of confidence here. Thanks for stepping up, spitfire.  O0

*Of course, we had a bus full of straws waiting out in the cold  ...just in case.  >:D
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

techres

You've got this! 
[where "this" = amazing state, supporting volunteers, active instructors, bright future]

Thank you again and we know you will do great.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Eddie

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

HQ

Spitfire - You are going to be great at this!  I've enjoyed working with you over the past few years and look forward to many more!

Bryant

Congratulations on your new position.  Thanks for stepping up.   O0
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

redbaron

Barbie

I'm late to the party as I've been out of town, but congrats and I look forward to working with you.   :~
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.