News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rainbow, CA October 5 & 6, 2013

Started by StormN, October 07, 2013, 01:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormN

Hi, this will serve as placeholder for this weekends event, more info and pictures to follow in the next couple of days. If you have anything to post please go ahead and do so. I want to thank the attendees and the always great crew. Norm
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

ErinsDad

Not to steal Norms thunder, but the photos give it all away. After this past weekends scorching heat, wind, and dust, I'm ready for some thunder!

Congratulations to California's newest Rifleman, Charles, accepting his Rifleman's patch, and following up with his acceptance of an orange hat. His perseverance over the past few events with equipment malfunctions finally came together this weekend.

Congratulations also go out to Pepper, the weekends only Luther Blanchard Patch recipient at Rainbow, who made steady progress all weekend.

Thanks Debby for hosting the event, Norm for doing a great job as Shoot Boss, and Mike for helping me out throughout the weekend.  We had several first time shooters that left with their heads held high, which is the reason why I keep coming back to help.

I enjoyed meeting all the new faces and seeing the returning folks continue to improve.
Hope to see everyone at the next Appleseed in December! I suspect it will be a cooler event.

Joe

StormN

Hi Guys, Attached you will find some great picks from our shooters at Rainbow.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

pr4wn

I just want to say thanks to everyone who came out over the weekend to make this an enjoyable Appleseed. I really appreciate all the help and advice from Norm, Mike, Joe and the rest of the instructors. I couldn't have done it without all the help, that includes you Dave.

I look forward to continuing to improve and the opportunity to give back to the program and to share what I have learned.

Thanks again everyone.

Charles

cavanaug

Norm/Mike/Joe/Debby,

Thanks again for the great tutoring.  Had a great time, just wish the weather was a bit cooler.   Ill definitely be back, Im on the hunt for my patch...

--
John C

Legacy

It was quite an Appleseed adventure with all the wind & dust! And, even with all that, the successes where still great!

Congratulations to Charles, our new Rifleman & newest instructor! AWESOME!  ^:)^

Very proud of friend Alex & her 13 year old daughter Pepper. Neither of them had ever shot a gun before Saturday and both where shooting some pretty tight groups by Sunday afternoon! Alex shot a non-transitioning score of 203 on her final AQT. It would have been a 213 if she had counted shots correctly in the sitting position... :slap: She said she'll do the transitions at the next Appleseed!  O0

Big thanks to Shoot Boss Norm & his seemingly endless supply of gear to loan to shooters.  And, thanks also to Mike & Joe for always sharing your expertise with the shooters.

See you at the next event!
Remember their sacrifice. Celebrate our liberty. Cherish your freedom.

Legacy

Here's some Saturday photos.
That's the smoke from the Camp Pendleton fire in the background.

Legacy

More Saturday photos, including Pepper's very sunburned legs... OUCH!

Legacy

Sunday photos:
Pepper & Alex with Norm & some pretty nice looking AQTs!