News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois has a new orange hat

Started by thursday, October 06, 2013, 10:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thursday

KD Cat has stepped up to take the orange hat.  Congratulations!  I intend to have her line boss all my shoots from now on. ~~:)
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

RBKL

Congrats!!!!   ^:)^ ^:)^  Glad to hear this - and hope to see you soon.

Reddot

Well Done!  Thanks for stepping up O0

George Hacker

Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

209Ken

Way to go KD Cat! Don't forget us over in Missouri!!
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Steck

KD Cat, we were all counting the days (as were you ;D ) til you could get that orange hat!

dond

Congratulations KD Cat. I know you have been waiting for this for a long time, and deserving it for a long time. That day is finally here. We are all happy for you.  ^:)^
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

LesMoore

Congratulations, KD Cat!  We are so happy for you!  Can't wait to work with you!!

LesMoore

DrRichP

Congratulation KD Cat, and thank you for stepping up. This is going to be a lot of fun!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Pete!

-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

RiflesnReins

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Mutti

Great Job KD Cat - What a difference a few years makes...

2010 (OddBall)

Welcome aboard to the Instructor Corp - now drink more water     ~~:)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Maximum Ordinate

KD,

When we finally have a shoot together, I'll bring you your very own red Sharpie so you don't fall into your sister's wicked ways.   >:D

-Rusty
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

KD Cat

Thank you all!  I would like to especially thank:

Polarbear for always being there,
Duckcreek for helping me find my rhythm, 
iamadentist for encouraging me,
Pete for all the tips and informatory bits,
Mrs. Sara who showed me the ropes of administration,
Mr.Thursday for inspiring me to take that step for my hat,
Mutti,GooseGun and RiflesnReins for all the positive attitude,
Mr. BBag for the wisdom and helping me find a way of teaching,
Ratboy and Steck for the ingenuity,
dond for making me understand history and love it too,
George63 for helping me with my rife and in the processes making me part of it too,
Wurstmacher who made me cherish that good saying 'anything is possible',
Kelso who taught me patience is in a way teaching,
connibear and borderraid  for helping me learn how to run the line,
olefido for showing me what persisting really is,
Stonn for showing me how to aways keep my cool,
EODTech256 for helping me clear my very first stovepipe,
PlentyofAmmo and OutaAmmo for taking all the time to help me in every way,
OddBall for helping me at my very first shoot,
Jedi for being such a nice person to work with,
Uncle Larry D for all the help,
Powder Monkey for teaching me what a Powder Monkey is,
Yellow House Jake and Neci for helping me when I was sick at Alton,
Ken209 for teaching me how to be a LSO,
And Uncle Carmen for helping me over the bump at Rosebud.
RBKL for makeing the ladyseed worth comeing to,
AndrewKay and Boston for so much fun.

If I have forgotten anyone feel free to call me out.

Thank you all very much and I hope to make you all proud!

KD Cat.

PS: Drink more water ~~:) ~~:)  

When a man loves cats, I am his friend without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

duckcreek51

Congratulations Kd cat!!!  Wish I could have been there. Bbag  filled me in on what I missed out on that weekend.
"As for this damned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."

Kelso

Congratulations KD Cat!  You already an awesome instructor.  I wish I could have been there to see you get that orange hat that you have wanted for so long!  Keep up the good work!

Kelso
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Boston

GooseGun

Good job KD Cat!!! O0

GooseGun over and out
I am convinced that they are mad men, devoid of reason. There is no logic in this place -Me

"A computer is useless if it can't be thrown out the window."

connibear

Congrats KD Cat  O0 You are an excellent instructor and very thorough admin worker. Appleseed should be very proud you took an orange hat. Keep up the good work.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

DrRichP

Great job KD Cat, and thanks for stepping up. There is an incredible cadre of instructors in IL, and you're going to have a lot of fun. Welcome aboard. O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Roland

Congratulations, and welcome to the crew!
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec