News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

X marks the spot

Started by jmdavis, October 01, 2013, 12:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

It's true, X really does mark the spot. And you NEVER want to be on the X.

http://maxvelocitytactical.blogspot.com/2013/09/there-will-be-no-theme-music.html

Figure out who you should be listening to and who you should be ignoring. If someone is teaching you to train by running  toward the opfor without a VERY good reason, they have clearly forgotten the lessons of Heath and are living in the world of Lt. Col. Smith. A real rifleman can hit the target if he can identify it, range it, and employ the six steps (or brass). I urge you to read the above link.

If you want to hit a 4 moa target when you are tired, out of breath, and have your pulse pounding in your ears, you need to be able to shoot 2 moa when you are fresh and on a square, flat range. Train twice as hard as you expect to have to perform.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

FiremanBob

Thanks, Mike. Now I want a helicopter.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

jmdavis

I want my body back before I hurt my back in 1985. I would vastly prefer that to a helicopter.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner