News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dalton NH - September 28 & 29

Started by Andy in NH, September 30, 2013, 11:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy in NH

We had an awesome weekend of heritage awareness and marksmanship development in The Great North Woods Region of New Hampshire!

Fourteen students experienced an absolutely beautiful weekend (just before "peak" foliage change) of clear skies and moderate temperatures.

We had the full spectrum of demographics; men & women, young & not so young, newbies and the experienced, families and individuals.

There wasn't a sour apple in the whole bunch!  It is groups like this that makes volunteering my time worth it!

As always, our hosts Don & Nancy at The Dalton Gang Range were very gracious and accommodating.

No one earned their patch, but the progressive Redcoat assessments proved that learning did occur.

As is typical with new shooters, the equipment deficiencies, parts breakage and a "thorough shaking out" of rifles proved to make their efforts frustrating at times.

Quick and effective intervention by the staff (Luigi, Wandering_Wolverine and Brother_COM) kept these incidences to a minumum.  Lending a student a sling, some cleaning gear or a rifle got them back on track rapidly.  Thanks guys!

The students who remained for Sunday got to experience Stage 1 & 2 at full distance.  Despite the majority of them shooting .22LR, getting 7/10 hits at 200 yards was not uncommon and the reward for following the principals of marksmanship.  Great job to all!

Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

RRP

Andy,

My wife and I were at the Dalton range, last weekend.  It was the first time we participated in an Appleseed event and we had a great time.

Thanks to you and your staff for your outstanding work.  You, Lou, Gary and Glen demonstrated great passion and commitment to preserving the history of our heritage.   I registered for the event to learn about marksmanship.  I got so much more.

Thank you!

Roland

Brother_COM

One of the shooters Roland paid Andy this great compliment, "I registered for the event to learn about marksmanship.  I got so much more."
Bingo boys! Looks like we accomplished our goal of sharing the cause with Roland and his wife. I know others shared their sentiments as well! I know I felt the same exact way when I left my first Appleseed but honestly Roland... without good folks like YOU our mission goes nowhere. YOU and the other shooters were a real blessing to us!

Pictures to follow!
Glen
A.K.A. Brother_COM

Andy in NH

Quote from: RRP on September 30, 2013, 08:22:25 PMThanks to you and your staff for your outstanding work.  You, Lou, Gary and Glen demonstrated great passion and commitment to preserving the history of our heritage.   I registered for the event to learn about marksmanship.  I got so much more.

Thank you for your accolades Roland.  I appreciate you taking the time to comment here on the forum.

Roland was a great student, and good shooter and an insightful thinker.

Many times he asked hard questions about the "whys" and "what fors" - not to challenge - but I could tell he was really digesting the information and knowledge.

Andy in NH

Quote from: Brother_COM on September 30, 2013, 09:24:42 PMRoland... without good folks like YOU our mission goes nowhere. YOU and the other shooters were a real blessing to us!

That's the truth right there!