News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

US Shooting Academy, Tulsa, Ok. Sept 28-29

Started by TomCat, September 30, 2013, 08:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomCat

Instructions, instructions..
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

More instructions.

TomCat

Good idea; I'm going to do this!

TomCat

Good looking firing line!

TomCat

Ever-attentive instructors and eager shooters.

TomCat

Good weather on Sunday.

TomCat

Nice chicken-wings.

TomCat

Things that make TomCat happy:  Young shooter/parent teams, and a heavy pile of empty brass.

TomCat

Our vigilant shoot boss Scarecrow, in his awesome AS shirt, tired but happy.

TomCat

Not a better- looking crew anywhere!

rinkrat

What a great group we had this weekend! Had a strong turnout for Saturday despite the forecast for rain and rain it did. Some shooters were laying in about 3" of water and wading through about 6" of water to check and retrieve targets. They all toughed it out and received instruction very well for the conditions. Sunday you could not have asked for better weather. I will post photos without names. The rain washed off everyone's name tags and would hate to post your name wrong.

rinkrat

Tulsa OK Appleseed

rinkrat

Tulsa OK Appleseed

rinkrat

Tulsa OK Appleseed

rinkrat

Tulsa OK Appleseed

rinkrat

Tulsa OK Appleseed

rinkrat

Tulsa OK Appleseed

rinkrat

Tulsa OK Appleseed

SKSRifleman

I had a great time this weekend with a great group of shooters. Despite the torrential downpour on Saturday, we managed to get this group squared away pretty quickly. We even had an individual close to qualifying on the first AQT on Saturday. The weather on Sunday was beautiful; clear skies and no wind. I think if Samuel Adams was with us he would declare it to be "A glorious day for Appleseed".  :) Overall this group had a great attitude and desire to learn. We took a few of the shooters over to the 300 yd range to do a KD AQT, then a little run 'n gun action after that on a steel silhouette at 300 yards. All in all a great weekend. Thanks USSA for having us back again this year. Thanks to Will, Tom, Al, and Daniel for your mentorship, and fellow Orange hats Andy, Mike, Michael, and Kevan for helping out on the line.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

k_riley

I only got to help out on Saturday.  It is my first rain day Appleseed and was challenging.  Despite the weather the shooters were receptive and appreciated input and worked at what we suggested.  I brought a nephew of mine and he made marked improvement over the course of the day.
Kevan   

joehs

First post, first appleseed event, and first time shooting my rifle outdoors (past 25 yards!).

Had a blast out there, despite the rain, and certainly learned a lot.  I've already spent another few hours on the floor of my house trying to get more time in behind the sights. 

Really enjoyed the KD range on the second day, despite not being a great shot. 

I'll be poking around the forums here and hopefully I can get out to another shoot soon and get that patch!

Thanks for the great weekend fellas,

andychicken

This was an amazing weekend, even with the weather being what it was!

As others have said, the students we had this time around were a very impressive lot in their persistence.  Everyone who stuck through all of Saturday earned my respect!  (...not that big a deal coming from an orange hat, but I think it's worth saying...

The better weather and student/instructor ratio on Sunday was an awesome turn of events over a tough Saturday.  It surely was a real treat for everyone involved, especially those present on both days who could see the contrast between the two.

It was also great seeing the usual run of red hats as well as some old and new (to me) orange hats on the line.  The sharing of stories and bad jokes at dinner was a memorable time, too.   ;)

Thanks again for lending me the boots on Saturday, Mike!  I still owe you big for that one!   O0
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
~George Washington