News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Socks takes 2nd at state 4H shooting sports meet

Started by Twineagles, September 28, 2013, 08:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

Tori shot at one of the Winterset Appleseed shoots last year. When we told the 2nd strike she walked back to the line in her socks forgetting her shoes. She asked me if she needed shoes to shoot I told her no just eyes and ears. The nickname socks stuck then.

Today she earned 2nd at the Iowa 4H shooting sports state meet. I also coach the Madison County 4H rifle team and it was good to see her using her Appleseed shooting skills. Now time to work on her rifleman patch.

Another county team all showed up with web slings but had no idea how to use them. They all had them on backwards using the adjustable loop on their arms. I know one of the instructors and showed him and a few of his kids how to do it right. Might be a future Appleseed in Humboldt IA area.
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne