News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manhattan is back!

Started by kDan, September 28, 2013, 10:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

I'm really not sure how much this matters to those of us who live in America, but after a six month hiatus, Manhattan is back on.  Maybe you know somebody trapped down here inside the walls that could use a dose of truth and freedom, or maybe just a hug. 

If not, at least keep us in your prayers, and know that we're with you, all half dozen of us.  Just kiddin.  We could field a baseball team with a small dugout and some depth (hopefully Mets fans).

Here's the link:

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=77
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Cal 7.62

KD,
There ain't nuthin wrong with a break to refresh the soul & regroup.
Good to see your back at it.  ~~:)

Keep the faith NY brothers & sisters!  O0
California ain't no bastion of freedom either.  :wb:

This pertains to all our Appleseed family.
Gal. 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. @)
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

PHenry

QuoteI'm really not sure how much this matters to those of us who live in America, but after a six month hiatus, Manhattan is back on.

Huge!  ..:..
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Smurf

For many reasons the Manhattan Appleseeds really do generate a LOT of interest and further conversations when promoting the Appleseed Program.

And it is also fantastic for those special Americans that attend them in Manhatten. We had a Manhatten Appleseeder on the line at another Appleseed Event held outside of New York City. They stated that "This was the first time they had ever fired a rifle OUTSIDE of a building"!!! 

It is great to see it back.

GOOD JOB!!!!

Another D.O.M.

Thanks Dan.

It matters a great deal.  There are, however, many who do not yet realize just how important the work of our NY/Metro/LI volunteers is.  What I have found while talking with folks about the present state of affairs in America is that most don't understand what their birthright entails.  It's difficult to make one understand what they've lost when they don't know that they had it in the first place.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

arpjoe

Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

kDan

Quote from: Smurf on September 28, 2013, 08:28:32 PM
We had a Manhatten Appleseeder on the line at another Appleseed Event held outside of New York City. They stated that "This was the first time they had ever fired a rifle OUTSIDE of a building"!!! 

HA HAH!  I'm gonna use that!  I always look at the Manhattan events as "gateway" events.

Here are my notes, "And you should all try to make it to an Appleseed outside of the city.  Shoot in the sun or rain and lay in the grass, dirt or mud.  You might even get to shoot to 100 meters, and in some places 400 meters.  Not all Appleseeds take place in the basement of a twelve story building."

That's a rough draft, but trust.  This will be perfected and added to my repertoire.  It's gold.

-d-

ps - can you pm me the name of the shooter if you remember?  Just curious who gets out of here...  ever.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Reddot

Dan,
Keep up all your good work. You're making a difference.

colycat

Dan, you are the bomb.  Hope to see you again.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

ITB

Speaking as a born-and-raised NYer (Long Island) who has since escaped, I can tell you it matters greatly.  Keep up the good work. 
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

KatNipp

Glad to hear there is still a flame of freedom burning in Manhattan. Im on LI.  Is it true that the Manhattan range does not allow anyone under 21?

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: KatNipp on October 28, 2013, 07:36:01 PMIs it true that the Manhattan range does not allow anyone under 21?
As I understand the situation, the City of New York has determined that no one under the age of 21 may discharge a firearm within the city limits.  To comply with the law, the range is limiting attendance to those 21 and older.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore