News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Mora, MN -- September 21-22, 2013

Started by AFTERMATH, September 27, 2013, 11:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

'Twas the 21st day of the 9th month, the year Anno Domini 2013.

On this day, six brave souls arrived at the sight ready for a full dosage of the Rifleman's tradition and American heritage!  They persisted through the toughest Appleseed conditions I could possibly imagine.

Beautiful weather and one, persistent, RWVA Instructor! 

I mean come on, six of them against one Aftermath?
Their bad habit of poor marksmanship didn't stand a chance! 

Never the less, after an introduction we began the tedious task of trying to build our positions to ensure a solid-steady foundation on which to lay our steps to hitting our target!  What are the numbers again?  How do you find your natural point of aim?  What were those numbers again?
Indeed, a Rifleman fires every shot by the numbers and if a person learns to fire by the numbers they are on their way to becoming a Rifleman.  But it is also true that no one is born a Rifleman.  It takes persistence, courage and determination - All appeared in healthy doses amongst the attendees at this weekend's event.   
Each and every shooter showed great improvement and I am 100% certain that if they practice perfectly, the skills they were taught - Come next time they will achieve that level of skill cherished by so many but achieved by so few.

Jen, Paul, Gregg, Harriet, Jim and Kyle are their names - It was my pleasure to instruct you all.  We'll see you again, on the Appleseed Trail!

Gary, much thanks is owed to you for helping us set this event up and get things rolling.  Your assistance was instrumental in making this particular shoot run smoothly.

On that note, I'd like to extend a thanks to the Kanabec Conservation Club for allowing the use of their facilities for this event.  And I'm looking forward to the next one!

Sunday evening as we were wrapping up - The shooters presented the shooters with the Rifleman's Challenge, being as they are already well on their way along the Rifleman's journey - I amended the challenge.  With an even greater challenge getting another shooter to shoot it with them.

A true Rifleman knows that identifying, calculating, and hitting the target is actually the easy part.  A Rifleman's greatest and most challenging task is making more Riflemen.

Rochester tomorrow, Hinckley next weekend, Alexandria next then back at Hinckley wraps up what's left on the Minnesota tour.  Locations far and near.  See you then, or perhaps next year.  Keep your powder dry!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

AFTERMATH

PICS?  What you think I had time for pics?  I was busy lighting the fire of liberty! 

Okay...  I did manage snag a few....

Green Machine

Hello All, this was my first Appleseed and I had a blast (pun intended) learning new ways of doing things.  Especially enjoyed the visualization of the trip down "Battle Road".  Looking forward to next time.

Gregg