News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Working Calendar for Michigan 2014 events

Started by ITB, September 27, 2013, 03:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Since we just booked our first date for 2014, I thought I'd get things started with the full 2014 working calendar.  Feel free to steal for your own state to save yourselves some tedium.

There will be a separate calendar for LibertySeed events.  This calendar is for Appleseed shoots and boot camps ONLY.

To anybody and everybody reading this post - whether you are an Appleseed instructor or an enthusiastic American who enjoyed their Appleseed experience:

If you or someone you know has an idea about a rifle range that might be interested in hosting one of our events, please let us know.

As the Range Development Coordinator for Michigan, D.O.M. would be more than happy to follow up on any leads that you may have.

You can simply reply to this forum post or send D.O.M a PM with any info you have.

Thanks!

ITB and D.O.M.

Red = Possible/Exploratory
Brown= Tentative
Green = Firm, scheduled and confirmed with host club

January 4-5

January 11-12

January 18-19 - Watervleit

January 25-26 - IBC - CASL Lansing MANDATORY ATTENDANCE FOR ALL INSTRUCTORS

February 1-2
     LAPEER - SATURDAY ONLY

February 8-9

February 15-16

February 22-23
     Lapeer - Winterseed??!!??

March 1-2

March 8-9

March 15-16

March 22-23
      Lapeer

March 29-30

April 5-6 Fenton

April 12-13

April 19-20 (Easter)

April 26-27
      Lapeer

May 3-4

May 10-11 Marlette

May 17-18  Twin Lakes

May 24-25

May 31-June 1 (Memorial Day)

June 7-8
      Lapeer
      Battle Creek

June 14-15 
     Fenton
     Dundee

June 21-22

June 28-29
      Lapeer - FRIDAY SATURDAY 6/27-28

July 5-6 (Independence Day)

July 12-13

July 19-20

July 26-27  Fenton YOUTHSEED

August 2-3  Munger
                    Lansing - Young Marineseed

August 9-10

August 16-17
      Niles - PICNICSEED Saturday only 9-Noon   
      Twin Lakes
      Battle Creek

August 23-24

August 30-31 (Labor Day)

September 6-7
      Lapeer

September 13-14

September 20-21 
      Fenton

September 27-28

October 4-5

October 11-12

October 18-19   Twin Lakes

October 25-26

November 1-2

November 8-9

November 15-16
      Lapeer

November 22-23

November 29-30 (Thanksgiving)

December 6-7

December 13-14

December 20-21

December 27-28
      Lapeer

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Pitmaster

BORCC in Niles can offer any of these dates:

April 19-20 at BORCC, although I think I would rather go with a one day event on April 19.
May 17-18
June 14-15-Father's Day
June 28-29
July 4-5 (Fri-Sat)
Aug 30-31-Labor Day
Sept 20-21
Oct 18-19

I know we have other ranges interested in hosting events in the area including New Buffal0, Berrien Springs, and I assume Watervliet. I'm fine with decreasing the shoots we have hosted annually to give the other clubs an opportunity. I have conflicts with other shooting sports at the club for most of the other weekends between April-October. I have a little wiggle room that I can do with our 3 gun matches but not a lot. I can pencil in those dates but would like to firm them up by March 1. April 19 is all ready scheduled on our club calendar, but at the time I wasn't aware of the Easter conflict.

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

SteelThunder

Watervliet just confirmed they would like to host a Winterseed on Jan 18-19.  We'll work with them for additional dates for the year but I would assume 2 additional, spring and fall.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Graywolf

Centerline at Bellevue has agreed to host an event on April 19 & 20.  Other dates are pending and I will let you know about those once they are firmed up.

Gary
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Graywolf

Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek has agreed to host events on June 7 & 8 and August 16 & 17.  They are willing to host a 3rd event if we want schedule it and can fit into their schedule.  They are very enthusiastic about the program.

Graywolf
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

koolman68

Don't forget we also have Dundee on June 14th &15th.

Pitmaster

Just a note that there will be a "PicnicSeed" at Bend of River in Niles on Saturday August 16 from 9:00 am -12:00 pm and a 3-Gun match the next day for those so inclined.

If anyone wants to come over and help out that would be great. Run a few mini-seed COF's with a little history and then feast on the food.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member