News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando Sportsman's Club 09/21,22/2013

Started by PHenry, September 23, 2013, 05:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Another fine event at HSC. Great venue and great folks. The HSC recently offered two greatly discounted memberships to Alkeford and myself so that we could take over sponsorship of Appleseed events at the club, with the loss of Panhead, who was forced to step down for family concerns. Many thanks to the club for supporting our worthy cause!

For shooters, we had Kevin, John B and John T and it was great to spend time with each of them. John B is a "repeat offender" and Rifleman - always a pleasure sir. He brung a new scope graduated in mils and the crusty old SB learnt something new! 1/10th mil per click equals .36 moa! Unfortunately, I did not truly get that until after the event was over! I might have known this as one mil is 3.6" at 100 yards.

Kevin is fairly new to shooting and made huge strides in a mere two days. He even volunteered to shoot an AR at 200 meters on Sunday - huzaaah! John T is handicapped and worked very hard despite his limitations. Within a day he was shooting good groups. My hat is off to you sir - you are an inspiration. We hope to see u again soon.

The weather threatened a bit, but never did cause any real problems. With a nice breeze, plenty of over cast and fans on a covered line, it was actually quite pleasant compared to last month. For thems who failed to attend over concerns of heat - you missed a great weekend.  :wb:

Our "lady of the promo" stopped by Sun PM and shot a bit of KD, as well as an AQT and a Redcoat (Heather sends press releases for several of our FL venues out monthly to help us get the word out and does an amazing job). It's been near two years since Heather attended an event and it was great to have her on the line.

So let's see. Nobody got any extra holes. It didn't rain. It wasn't hot, and everyone who showed up learned something - instructors included. Great event! Only way to make it any better would be more students. If anyone knows a group that would like to hear the story of April 19th, 1775, please send me a private message and I will be there. Maybe if we can intro some good folks to the story, they will be inspired to come out and shoot with us.

Many thanks to the three fine Patriots who did attend and to my fellow instructors for putting up with all my nitpicking and slacking off.
In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

smoakingun

Well, after a 3 month hiatus, this was a fine event at which to knock the rust off.
First, hats off to John T. Despite his disability, he managed to shoot better groups seated than most of us do prone, I would like to have had him there the full day on Sunday just to see what he is truly capable of.
Kevin, well done. Our most improved shooter of the weekend. You are well on your way to Rifleman.
last but not least, John H. You worked hard, you looked exhausted, you made improvements. Spending some quality time at home with your rifle (dry fire) will get you the rest of the way.
To my fellow instructors, it was, as always, a good time. See you all out on the trail,

Smoakingun
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson