News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montpeleir,VA,Sept.21-22,2013

Started by sgtmace, September 23, 2013, 07:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtmace

Even though the weather appeared iffy heading into the weekend, 20 folks turned out to participate in this great event. Liberty was well shared and served. Four new Riflemen grace our ranks. As for VA instructor corp. A new RH instructor was crowned, a new IIT accepted his hat and a couple other IIT's will advance down the trail. Great focus and effort on all who where there. I'm extremely proud to call these folks my fellow Americans.
sgtmace
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

FiremanBob

This was an excellent shoot. We had outstanding students and a strong crew. The threatened drenching rains didn't dare begin until we had successfully finished on Saturday, and Sunday was the perfect day.

Those who did not make Rifleman this time all showed great improvement in their groups. I particularly appreciate the thoughtful approach to skill development and "teachable attitude" that the participants demonstrated, as well as the overall attention to safety.

Kate did an exceptional job of learning, starting with coffee-mug sized groups and ending up shooting 210 or better consistently on several AQTs. Christopher also cut his group size by 2/3 on Saturday, and when he comes back I believe he will have some fine scores.

Many thanks to jmdavis for his demonstration of the gear carried by a minuteman. It greatly helped bring the Story to life.

Also many thanks to Ronnie for volunteering to inherit my orange hat. I hope it provides you the same enjoyment and satisfying teaching experiences as it has me.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Fireman1974

Thank you Bob for the hand me down. Thank all of the others who helped enjoy a great weekend of history and shooting. I look forward to advancing down the trail as a new IIT. My email is firemanco51974@yahoo.com as I will be needing some guidance and info to continue the journey. Thank you.

RonnieG