News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

*******FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS*******

Started by Two Wolves, September 22, 2013, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Wolves

This is a begining AAR so that attendees and instructors can report about the great event we just had. It will take me a day to edit the pictures and make my report so ****STAY TUNED****

Two Wolves    :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

I'm happy to report another great Fredericksburg weekend!  **24** shooters on the line on Saturday. Folks, Texas is a BIG state and these fine Americans came from far and wide.

Ray, our newest red hat, did a great job covering the instructional part of this weekend while Mark, our soon to be next red hat, had the groups' attention with the history and stories. Jeremy stepped up and took an orange hat and fell right in with the RSO duties. ME---I just watched in awe.

There were many new faces and a good number of young people with us. Mike Marty came from Corpus and provided extra eye and hearing protection for those that needed it. Thank you Mike for your generosity. Jeff and Don broke out the .308s on Sunday.

And speaking of Don----congratulations for being persistent. RIFLEMAN!    It's been a long time in the making but now you get to score your own targets.  ;D  I believe I heard Don mention something about "Donning an orange hat"   O0

We shared a Happy Birthday with Anita.    ..:..  Cake and all! Her son and his family were on the line too. ***** We also had a guest/ celebrity appearance from the movie --BEHOLD A PALE HORSE.   ^:)^  George Washington---Yes----George Washington gave us a short but inspirational message.   ~~:)

These events would not be possible without Tonya and Jerry or KNS Precision. Thank you for your sponsorship.    http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/

Now, I'll quit rambling and give what you really came to this post for. Best regards, Two Wolves.  :cool2: 

:pics:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop:

Two Wolves

:pop:   :pop:

Two Wolves

:pop:

CG59

What a great Shoot! Well worth the drive from the Permian Basin! Met a lot of super people and made some new good friends. Drip Drop ran an EXCELLENT Shoot- couldn't even tell he was a brand-new Red Hat. El Tejano provided OUTSTANDING instruction. JEREMY did a great job as RSO, thanks for helping Probie BTW. Twinkle Toes took his time and was of great help to those seeds with twitchy equipment. Two Wolves provided smooth choreography from back stage. Thanks for the pictures. What a thrill it was to see the kids out there as well. Congratulations to Don on his patch. Jeff had the best rifle and kit. Ya'll come out to Midland in November!  ^:)^
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms  is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  Thomas Jefferson

CG59

PICTURES
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms  is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  Thomas Jefferson

CG59

More Pictures

Two Wolves

Well Triskele----youv'e just been promoted to the Fredericksburg logistics command as squardron medic and photo journalist.   ;) Congratulations on your new appointment.   O0 See you here in Fredericksburg in OCT. and DEC. as part of your tour of duty.  **)  **)  **)

Pistolgrip

Wow!!! Looks like a great shoot...Sorry I had to miss this one...See You all at the next one.   :wb:
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

drip drop

I agree with Roger's comments and summary.  I'm glad that people came from so far, and that there was a patient, learning attitude.  I think that showed in the improvement in everyone's marksmanship.  Congrats to Don for getting his well earned Rifleman's patch!  There were a few others right on the edge too.  All around, great job!

There were a lot of atypical rifles on the line.  My favorite was a pump-action tube-fed 22lr.  It still works with a sling.  Was it great-grandpa's?

I'm grateful that there were so many youth attending.  I think there were seven young ones with the grit to stick through at least one long day, and about half did the same the second day.  I think all would have, if it weren't for some car trouble.  This is paying it forward.  I hope you had a good time!

The weekend would not have been what it was without the help of Mark, Roger, Jerry, Jeremy and Tanya.  Thank you.

My favorite quote from the weekend: "only the strong survive!"

dragit

Thank you for stepping up Ray.  I heard you did very well.

Congrats Don, persistence makes it sweeter, and you have been persistent.

Thank you to Jeremy for stepping up.

Thank you to the Fbg crew, I missed ya.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer