News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leroy, IL Sept 21 and 22

Started by The Nailer, September 22, 2013, 09:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nailer

What a beautiful weekend to be outside at an Appleseed.  The weather was about as close to perfect as you can get and the Leroy Rifle and Pistol Club was a great place to be.  As usual the Leroy Rifle and Pistol Club were excellent hosts and they always promote the event well and it showed with 21 shooters.  Big improvements in marksmanship were made all weekend long, we had 2 new riflemen and 2 requalify but everyone made big and steady improvements there is no doubt that every shooter has the skill to shoot a rifleman score.  One young lady in particular impressed me , she had been shooting great targets all weekend long then out of nowhere she shoots a 226, great job!

The Nailer

We ended up with an extra chair, if anyone is missing one let me know and we will see if we can help it find its way home.

Steck

Shamelessly swiped from RatBoy

Our gracious hosts... what a great range!

Let the dousing commence!

Anyone think he might look a little... wet?   ^:)^

Steck

Benning375 does the Sunday morning safety briefing

Nice line on a beautiful day

Steck

Bringing a true classic to an Appleseed!  (Yes, he shot it the whole weekend)

Something ... um ... odd about these 5-shot groups.  Any guesses?

Steck

A great group of youth shooters

Ash blew it away with a 226!

Rockin' the Appleseed gear

TheEditor

Good pictures!  looks like you had a fine event.  Good job!

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

DrRichP

Great pictures. I love to see the kids on the line and earning patches. Outstanding!! Please keep up the great work!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

GarandDaddy

Ya'll just had to use a pic of me with my gut hanging out. This is payback for putting a couple extra holes in that target isn't it? At least they were a bit larger so you knew which ones they were. To be serious for moment I would like to thank all the instructors for making our first Appleseed a great experience for my Grandson and myself. Before we even got back to the main road after leaving Sunday, Mason asked " Can we do this again Pawpaw?"  I told him to count on it. He has talked all week about what a "Awesome" time he had. Come to think of it I have been too! We look forward to our next event. Now I have to get back to loading 30-06 shells!