News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DWF- Quail Creek Ladyseed September 21-22

Started by doubleLL, September 22, 2013, 09:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleLL

The event sold out months in advanced. We had rain on Friday and I think the weather scared a few ladies away. But, the brave 15 who showed up did a fantastic job. The range was dry and we woke up Saturday morning to a beautiful day. The first day in Texas where the temps were under 90 degrees. Sunday was another beautiful day! We had about 10 ladies on the line this morning. A few had to leave at lunch but enjoyed the instruction. We had 6 ladies at the end of the weekend knocking at the AQT in the 190's and low 200's. 
The weekend was split with experience shooters, new shooters, kids, and one Canadian!! Melissa was our Canadian ISPCS shooter who joined us for Sunday. She was here at the local range and we talked her into shooting. I was impressed with her attitude and spirit. Melissa stuck through the whole day even with a wardrobe malfunction!! She did her country proud today. WAY TO GO!!
I was impressed with all our ladies and proud of them for pushing through gun issues, the long days of instruction, and frustrations. You all did very well! Thank you for sharing the line with me today. I hope to see you all back again soon.
I was honored and speechless to give Kerrigan her patch.   Kerrigan was on the line next to me at my first Appleseed years ago. She was 9 years old and has been working for years to get her patch. I watched her last AQT as she shot each shot. I was so proud to see her make Rifleman!  Her father (Spitstickler) brought the lucky patch for her.
Judy S. made rifleman on Saturday. I know Judy has been working hard to get the patch. Congratulations!!
Special thanks to our instructors. Eric, Heather, Tim, Kirk, Rachel, Rachel, and Angel... Thank you for working the event, sharing the line with all the ladies and your fabulous instruction.  You are all great instructors and I hope to share the line with you soon. Congrats to Heather, Eric and Rachel for passing their ITT test.
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Bullet

What a wonderful group of Texas gals! They impressed me first of all simply by showing up to a soggy range early on a Saturday morning, and then even more throughout the day with their determination and perseverance as they worked hard and didn't give up. I saw improvement by every shooter, and I had so much fun working with you ladies. Hope to see you all back soon!

A big thank you to all the crew for their work, and congratulations to our orange hats for ALL of you being ready to move on to the next level. Great job by everyone!
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams