News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Broke down in Eureka

Started by azmule, September 21, 2013, 11:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

Riding my bike from Tucson to visit my mother in Illinois, I've developed driveshaft problems and need a way to get my bike from Eureka to the dealership in Kansas City, or at least a ride to where I can rent a truck.  I have no cell signal here and can only check the internet sporadically.  I'm staying at the Carriage House motel in room 125, but will be in and out tonight and tomorrow.  If somebody local can give me a hand, I will check back here first thing in the morning around noon or so.

Thanks!

Scott (azmule)
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

azmule

Lomshek

Just saw this. I'm 120 miles away with 3 kids and a Scion XD so not much help. Can you get a lift back to El Dorado, KS from a local? It's 30 miles west and has 13,000 residents. I'd imagine some local drives there every day.

Easy Car Rental
216 W. Central Ave #2
El Dorado, KS
(316) 322-8633

You're just 60 miles east of Wichita which has everything. Is there a dealership for your bike there instead of KC which is way further away.

scuzzy

bump. hope somebody is nearby.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

azmule

Looks like I might have a ride to KC, I'll be back if that falls through.