News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Preliminary schedule for Whittington Center Raton 2014

Started by BlueFeather, September 17, 2013, 02:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFeather

Hey all you NM/CO Appleseed instructors!  We have confirmed dates for events in 2014, though they are not up on the event list yet:

April 19-20
May 10-11  (Might make this a 3 day KD event)
August 23-24
September 12-14  3 day Advanced KD Camp!  Yay~

Think about scheduling your time off around these dates.  Whittington is the nicest range in the country, with lots of land, wildlife, clear skies and fresh air!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

TaosGlock

For those who have already asked, the earliest I can book rooms is the end of this month. We get a special head start since we are now considered a regular event. O0  There will be 2 rooms in one of the cabins.

General public has to wait until Feb. btw. ;)
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

nmmi9100

Quote from: TaosGlock on September 23, 2013, 07:44:23 PM
For those who have already asked, the earliest I can book rooms is the end of this month. We get a special head start since we are now considered a regular event. O0  There will be 2 rooms in one of the cabins.

General public has to wait until Feb. btw. ;)

Woo hoo!

TaosGlock

Due to popular demand, the May shoot will be a 3 day KD Centerfire event. So date will be May 9, 10 & 11.  :---
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

BF just sent in the room requests with the range contract, so we will soon know the room status.
Once that is firmed we will list the events so you can sign up.

TaosGlock

For each of these events we now have 1 extra room in the Founders Cabins.

So, for those traveling, etc and making plans now:

The spare room for April 2 day event: Checkin is Fri. the 18th. Checkout is Sun. April 20th.
                             May 3 day KD event: Checkin is Fri. the 8th. Checkout is Sun. the 11th.
                             August 2 day event: Checkin is Fri. the 22nd. Checkout is Sun. the 24th.
                             September 3 day KD event: Checkin is Thurs. the 11th. Checkout is Sun. the 14th.

Checkin time is after 2PM and Checkout time is before 10AM.

I will work on getting these events listed ASAP so you can sign up, then claim a room (2 beds) or one of the beds in the room.

There are more rooms, cabins and campsites available at the NRAWC.
But book early, as space is limited and rooms fill fast at the NRAWC.

See you there!

Cowgirl 51

Cowboy and I are planning on helping with April 19-20 shoot.

TaosGlock

As a heads up, the spare room in the cabin for the April 19th shoot is now taken.
If you plan on attending please sign up soon and call NRAWC and reserve a campsite or room in a cabin!