News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Azusa, CA 14-15 Sept 2013

Started by Rocket Man, September 17, 2013, 02:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Man

Schools are in session...  I hear this game called "football" is back on something called the "TV" every weekend again... it's Autumn, right?   ???

Well, Mr. Sun wasn't quite done with us, but we had a nice little Summer Seed at Burro Canyon last weekend to cap off the season.  It was kinda warm but we still scared up a few eager students, ready to drink from the firehose of instruction and towel off in the pages of history.  Just myself and intrepid Orange Hat DBattles running the show this time, as our usual Burro crew was off in Arizona getting in some KD time.   :---

We were joined by Chris, new to shooting but ever so eager to learn, along with Tyler and Jordan with some previous experience, the latter of whom is NOT named "Biscotti," as a sun-stroked addle-pated Shoot Boss might have said once or twice.   %)  Our little group was well represented by folks in the National Guard, and it always makes my day to be able to give something back to them.   O0

Even though temperatures were deep in triple digits and clouds are just a memory, we got some pretty darn good shooting in.  Chris went from zero to some pretty decent groups in no time.  Tyler and Jordan wanted to take on the additional hurdle of bolt-action, but acquitted themselves very well.  Daniel got in a little play time too.  These are perishable skills, after all.   &)

In between AQTs we had some fun targets as well.  If you haven't, check out the targets at www.riflemanschallenge.com and see how you can do.  Also we finished off the weekend with a little show and tell, with students getting to share in some AR-15 and CMP M1 Garand goodness.  -:)

Well, that should be the end of the Too Hot.  Next month we have the Rimfire KD Event coming up!  And after that another chance at the Rifleman Patch in November, before we start getting ready for 2014.  As always, keep practicing and keep safe.  Thanks again for coming out to share in our heritage, and bring a friend to the next one!
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Rocket Man

Just a couple of pictures this time.  Get 'em while they're hot!   $$-0

It only took Chris about ten minutes to start getting his form into good shape.  If you've never been to Appleseed or ever to any kind of formal instruction, don't worry.  This class is definitely for you.  Less experience usually means fewer bad habits to break! 

Here's our line on Sunday, with our Orange not just talking the talk, but walking the walk.

The walk has been walked.   ;D  That's ten rounds, 25 meters, Marlin 795 with iron sights (Tech Sights) in 60 seconds flat, in weather that felt like a food dehydrator.   :'(

And here's Chris's Rifleman's Challenge target.  You'd never guess that only 28 hours before this target was scored, he'd never fired a rifle before, now would you?

Take the Challenge on your own and post it up.  There's a Facebook link at the Rifleman's Challenge website
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

dbattles09

Cool write up.

I'm going to bring my camera next time so we can see pictures of you looking beautiful too, Rocket Man.  O0
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.