News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlotte, NC 9/14-15,2013 AAR

Started by Dakota, September 16, 2013, 08:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

Well another great shoot at Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club under our belt.
The club has been very accommodating, and I know that Pain Killer is always trying to squeeze more available dates from them since we keep selling out!!

The weather was beautiful, and the shooters were definitely teachable!
We had a minor equipment shortage, but the IIT's and Instructors jumped in with the ever-available loaners and the day was saved!!

Shooting definitely improved, and one return shooter listened, practiced, and came back to score rifleman on his second Appleseed. We also had a fist time shooter decisively beat the 210.

I will add more later, If you were at the event, and want to post some pics or feedback, here is the place!

Thanks Again,
Dakota
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Pain Killer

This was an awesome event with a great bunch of Americans! Many repeat shooters were in attendance with their families. It is great to see so many familiar faces and new ones as well. Hope to see everyone again in November in Charlotte and maybe Boone as well.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Palmetto

This was my first Appleseed shoot and I had a great time. Thanks to all the instructors for their help and to the club for the great facility! My high AQT score was 185. I hope to beat that at my next event!

Pain Killer

Thank you so much for attending! Please take home the stories of Liberty you heard and come back soon. With perseverance you will master the AQT and obtain a rifleman score. Bring a friend so that they might learn something new about their Nation's Heritage. The next Appleseed in NC is in Ramseur on September 28-29.

Thanks for the kind words!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

KARDIAK KID

DAKOTA RAN A GREAT PROGRAM IN CHARLOTTE. NEWYORK HAS TAKEN A BLOW WITH DAKOTA MOVING TO NC.
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy