News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winslow, NJ Sept 14 & 15, 2013

Started by VietVet, September 16, 2013, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

The South Jersey Shooting Club once again showed their hospitality to Project Appleseed and did all they could to insure that all who attended felt comfortable and very much welcomed. Thanks SJSC for ALL you do for our program.

We had 10 Patriots show up on Saturday all very eager to learn. All 10 were now attending their very first Appleseed Event. Learn they did and across the board all expressed how much the program helped them improve their Marksmanship skills. Even better all were very interested in hearing the History portion as well.
Some asking to hear the next Strike before we got to it. The Liberty Tree is growing strong in South Jersey and these fine Patriots are pouring the water on fast. All express interest in attending another Appleseed Shoot in the near future.
  Thank you to all the Shooters who stood strong all weekend and gave the Instructors the energy needed to keep up the pace they set.
   Job well done!  O0

Special thanks to both Terri and John who at the end of this event gave the Instructors a gift to help express their appreciation for the hard work we put in. They even wrapped them in one of their shot AQT's adding a special touch to a special, unexpected act. Thank you so much. It truly meant a lot to us.

10 Shooters and only 2 Instructors made it a little tough but I'd be leaving something out if I didn't give a shout out to Grumpy1, my fellow Instructor who very successfully completed his first SBIT requirement at this one. Job very, very well done Jon.  O0 :bow:

I'll take a break now and let those who choose to jump in here and share with us what they want.

As usual my camera is still in the truck so I'll get those photos posted later today.....Hopefully.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

VietVet

OK.....got a burst of energy and walked out and got my camera. Here are some Photos..................

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Dakota

Great Job Guys, Glad Winslow is still in the rotation.
It is truly an Island of Freedom and Liberty in a totally Oppressive State!
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Smurf

WOW!!!! That looked like a GREAT APPLESEED WEEKEND in NJ !!!!! Real Good !!!!

wbginnj

As one of the ten Patriots participating in the Winslow Appleseed Weekend I want to shout out a special thanks to our instructors for an outstanding experience. The weekend was an awesome and intense learning experience and I can't wait to do it again.

I'm already planning to attend another Appleseed and will bring someone new to spread the word.

Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people. - John Adams

wbginnj

During the Winslow Appleseed event one of the instructors asked about the VooDoo Tactical Rifle Case I was using. Here's a link to the online store where I purchased mine which is the 42" size.

http://www.militaryluggage.com/Black-Deluxe-42-Padded-Weapons-Case-p/15-964801000.htm

BabeWithBullets

The Appleseed course in Winslow, NJ was an amazing experience.  Rich (Viet Vet) and John (Grumpy 1) worked together as if they had been working together for years.  Their attitude was inspiring and their calm instruction made me feel that I could accomplish each task.  Rich and John kept their enthusiasm and senses of humor throughout the weekend as members of the group struggled, achieved, asked questions, improved and ultimately, on Sunday afternoon, felt the satisfaction of learning new skills.  We are grateful for the dedication of these two fine instructors.

The presentation of the history of the beginning of the American Revolutionary War was inspiring and left us wanting more.  Spending a weekend with a group of true patriots was a wonderful experience. 

The marksmanship instruction and personalized help gave me the basic skills.  It was all so logical, step building on step and skill building on skill, that remembering what I was supposed to do was easy.  Doing?  That's another story!  By Sunday afternoon I knew that it is up to me to practice the skills to be ready for my next Appleseed.

Once home on Sunday night, spirits high, I went on line to Appleseed.org to order Tech Sights to replace my non-adjustable sights, targets for all that practice and  "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer to fill in the history.

I sign myself one grateful, happy patriot and thank Rich (Viet Vet) and John (Grumpy 1) again and again as I look forward to my next Appleseed.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
                     - Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

What an Awesome Weekend for Appleseed!

We had 10 New Appleseeders, all which were eager to learn Marksmanship and Heritage!

The weather was perfect, and The South Jersey Shooting Club is a Great Range!

All of Our Shooters worked through, Steady Hold Factors and the Six Steps, Skills definitly inproved and groups definitly got smaller.

AQT after AQT scores rose higher, and higher, Many students are "Knocking at the Door" :)

It was Great To see Everyone Enthusiastic, and Interested in Hearing The History, and the concern, of these Fellow Patriots about "The Sinking Ship".

A Big Thank You to our Shoot Boss,Viet Vet, who made this an Awesome and Enjoyable Event O0

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Josey Wales

..Great Job Instructors......... and Shooters...................JW............
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..