News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indiana has a new instructor

Started by yellowhousejake, September 15, 2013, 09:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

August 2011 she showed up for her first Appleseed with her Mother and a new rifle, it took one event to know she was hooked (I will leave which she up to the reader). Fast forward two years and I have the honor of presenting her with a Red Hat, at the same range, as Shoot Boss again, with many of the same instructors present. She has come a very long way in 25 months. I might have teared up...

Please welcome Kate to the ranks of full instructor. She completed her Instructor Progress Check for me this weekend.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

brianheeter

HUZZAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Congratulations, Kate!  Well done!

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

George Hacker

Quote from: yellowhousejake on September 15, 2013, 09:01:22 PM
Please welcome Kate to the ranks of full instructor. She completed her Instructor Progress Check for me this weekend.

Congratulations, Kate!  Well done. ^:)^

I sure am glad you didn't wait until you were 18 to step up and earn your red hat. O0

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Steck

ATM

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

hawkhavn

Huzzah! I actually (and quite accidentally) had the honor of being there both times.
Pictures to follow.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

Congratulations Kate! While I wasn't there either time I have had the honor of working with you during those 25 months. HUZZAH!! O0
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Slow2Speak

Wish we all could have been there. Way to go kate! Its been a fun time each time workin with youO0

grunt soldier

I'm so proud of you!  You did a awesome job!  It's been a pleasure shooting and working with you!!!  Huzzzah!!!  There were good stories and tears today!!

And a few cell phone pics!!

custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

SPQR

looks like macaroni and cheese on the menu tonight
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Hop

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

spitfire51

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ 

Kate you did a great job on Saturday, I'm sorry I couldn't be there to see you actually get the hat.  You've come a long way since you started as an IIT, you should be extremely proud of yourself.

Figures she'd get the red hat while wearing the tye-died t-shirt.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

grunt soldier

She made sure the tye dye shirt was in action for the pics but she even painted her nails a nice bright red to match the new hat!!!  She definitely thought it through :)
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Unbridled Liberty

I'd have to check, but I believe we did our IIT1 or 2 along side each other with Jake at Friendship.  In any case, congratulations Miss Kate, and thanks for your dedication!

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Eddie

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

HQ

Awesome job Kate!  We were bummed we couldn't be there to give you a resounding "HUZZAH!!!!!"

stagehand steve

Congrats!!  I've been thrilled to watch you grow as an Instructor.  Now, back to work!   ;)

== stagehand steve ==
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

JerryH

Congrats Kate! I talked to your dad before hand. He and your mother are super proud. Wish Morgan and I  could have been there.

Dnurk

Congratulations Kate.  I am so pleased to have been able to spend some time on the line getting to know you.   You will be a tremendous red hat.

I'm just gonna put this in here......http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc31/dnurk/20130915_085457.mp4

scuzzy

Way to go Kate - thanks for joining up and helping.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Niecie

Of course I have told Kate congratulations a thousand times already, but I want to say again how much we appreciate all of the hard work and dedication that she has put in to this program!

Congratulations Kate  O0 O0 O0 We are so proud of you!

Dnurk - thanks for making me tear up again 

Quote from: Dnurk on September 16, 2013, 03:19:32 PM
I'm just gonna put this in here......http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc31/dnurk/20130915_085457.mp4

patience0830

A  ^:)^BIG belated HUZZAAAAH from a Brown County rifleman, aided in his attempts by this fine young person.  Good job kiddo. You've done your father proud.

AuntieBellum

Absolute awesomeness.  Kate, well done.  It's not an easy road, but you've done well and will continue to bring much to Appleseed.  And your enthusiasm is infectious.  You've been a joy ever since your very first shoot...
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Dnurk

Kate, as much as I hate to do it, I have to post this pic in your celebratory thread.      Heavy is the head that wears a new red hat.

Uncle Davey

Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

redbaron