News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Just wondering do people use the notify features on this forum

Started by V, October 10, 2013, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

I was wondering if some of the reason we don't get much traffic or responsiveness on topics is that some people  (yeah not the people smarter than their smartphones) don't use the navigation stuff to filter to the meat on these forums?

Sometimes talking to people its as if they don't scroll past the default list of boards presented to them....
do they use the notify buttons on topics and boards, do they know how to enable email notification of when boards your interested in have been modified, moderated, replied or new topics started in their profile account modifications, etc.

I have all PM's forwarded to my email, etc. I used to always have a browser open in AS but now I'm a lot busier at work I've realized how without the notifications to "poke" me I could be slow on responding.

Just a thought

scuzzy

Notify - sends you an email when a topic you are interested in has a new post added. This button is located at the bottom of each post page.

Profile->Notifications - you can set this up so that email notification is done for posts you are watching.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Reddot

floydf

Quote from: V on October 10, 2013, 02:57:35 PM
...  I could be slow on responding.

Just a thought

Sometimes in the Interwebs, "slow on responding" could be more a feature than a bug.

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer