News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL Sept 7 & 8, 2013

Started by 2 clicks low, September 09, 2013, 02:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

What a great weekend. Perfect weather, just a sprinkle on Saturday morning to wake us up and a quick drench Saturday afternoon to move us out faster.

A couple of excellent sisters on the line, Claire & Grace, 11 & 9 showed us how to learn.

2 new Riflemen and 2 requals. Orange hats anyone?

If you look at the pictures below yes, that is a front tech sight held on by a rubber band. Yes he shot rifleman. No he declined the use of a loaner, once again proving that it is the rifleman and not the rifle. Also defines the concept of "run what ya brung".

Pictures below.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Prairie Eagle

We had a lot of great learners on the line. Claire and Grace did an awesome job and came up to speed fast. Our first Rifleman came on Saturday with a very solid score from Mike in the 220s.

We had great improvement throughout the weekend. I am real proud of every shooter we had. Everyone made a great effort through 2 days. Angela wrapped up Sunday with a massive uptick in her scores.

Alan showed us that a rifleman persists. After shooting a 209 Sunday afternoon, he followed immediately with yes, another 209 (oh so close)!. As the heat wore on his scores dipped a hair as he grew weary (196, 197) but he kept hanging AQTs and stuck with it. With sunset approaching he hung one more, and with only he and I on the line buckled down to business to get it done. On his last AQT at about 7PM, Alan shot a 211! Great Job.

Some more pics I grabbed:

Kelso

Looks like a great weekend at Waterman!  'Bout time we had some new riflemen too.   Kudos to a great group of instructors. O0
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

2 clicks low

Mike,
I have your hat, please let me know where to send it.
Ron
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Boston

Looks like a great Sunday! Glad to see that day two worked out much better after the hot afternoon of day one and the scores improved.

Congrats to the new riflemen and to Claire and Grace for making it through the tough days.