News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Got IBC

Started by PHenry, September 06, 2013, 05:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Would anyone in NC, SC, VA, WV, TN, or GA be interested in a 3-day IBC at the Home Range near Ramseur NC? This would be a standard 2-day IBC  followed by a day of KD instruction and shooting. The IBC would come straight from former MI JuniorBirdman's POI as taught to me by DragonWood (now his bride). The KD portion would include advanced marksmanship ed, including come up and even mirage effects on shooting.

The range at Ramseur is one of the best I have ever seen. Wildman and Hawkeye do an amazing job of keeping it all going - including military surplus pop-up targets (reactive) out to 460 yards!

If at least 6 instructors are interested, I will offer dates and we can get it on the books. From IIT0 to MI, we all need a refresher from time to time - me especially.

Who's in?  :--- :--- :---
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Pain Killer

I would be interested, for sure. However, I am not available until after the weekend of Nov 2-3

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Sadman

I am interested.  Let me know if I can help in any way PHenry!

Uncas

PHenry,

Would love to be included but I'll be down for 6-8 weeks after 10/21. Let me know.
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest ... if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity."–Mahatma Gandhi

Polonius

I'm definitely interested. When are you thinking?

Jumpboot

Rifleman 6 May 2012

PHenry

Wow! This is excellent. I see two from VA that are in also - we're there. Just need to find a date. I will look over my event schedule and come up with a list that everyone can look over.

Huzaaah!

PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Ratchett

PHenry,

If the date fits I am in too! Will work, be a student, a cook...whatever you need sir!

In His grip,
j
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

PHenry

Ratchett,
Always good to have seasoned red hats around - allows more students - a trick I learnt from DragonWood, another smart and resourceful woman.  ^-^

saltypaws

I'm in!  ^:)^ just not the first weekend in Oct. or Nov 9

Have gun will travel.....
My new horse is much better than the old one.  :DH:
"We are paratroopers Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded". ~ CPT Dick Winters ~

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong."

"Make good scouts of yourselves, become good rifle shots so that if it becomes necessary that you defend your families and your country that you can do it." - Lord Baden-Powell, Scouting For Boys

Pain Killer

I believe Nov 30-Dec1 is an open weekend in NC, there are no Appleseeds on the schedule. Maybe that would work?
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Pain Killer

Just checked, nothing in SC, TN, VA, FL or GA that weekend. Downside is that is Thanksgiving weekend and people might be on vacation

cdavidhord

I will definitely attend.

Sly223

I need a ride sir and a POI so I don't embarrass,.,.,
A ride is good! ..:..
Are we gonna get the band back together?
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

saltypaws

Sly223: The band? The band.
Phenry: DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?
Sly223: THE BAND!
Phenry: DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?
Salty: [Confused] What light?
Phenry: HAVE YOU SEEEEN THE LIGHT?
Sly223: YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

(Blues Brothers)

I am sure everyone can get that time off from work but, I am getting the evil eye all ready for even thinking of being gone for Thanksgiving weekend......Our family usually goes somewhere for the long weekend or everyone comes in to town. I don't think she wants to hear the story of Isaac Davis again.
If that's the only date I will make it work but it's a gonna cost me.... :sos:

Salty
"We are paratroopers Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded". ~ CPT Dick Winters ~

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong."

"Make good scouts of yourselves, become good rifle shots so that if it becomes necessary that you defend your families and your country that you can do it." - Lord Baden-Powell, Scouting For Boys

Sly223

We are on a mission from God!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

ThaiFighter

I know of no better way to give thanks for all I have been blessed with than to teach and learn at an IBC.

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

PHenry

OK - here's the dates I have where I am not already committed (or should be)  ^-^:

November 15-17
November 22-24
December 6-9
December 13-15

These are all Fridays thru Sundays. Fri and Sat would be standard IBC per JB's POI and Sunday would be KD instruct in AM and shooting in PM. Lemme know if any of these work. I am nearly back to back from now until then. Once we hit at least 6 attendees that can make any of these dates - we can lock it in and I will get with range to make sure it works for them as well.
Many thanks,
PH

Pain Killer

FYI - If this is to be in Ramseur at the Home Range, there is an Appleseed Nov. 16-17 and December 14-15. Appleseed Pistol Clinics are on Nov. 23 and Dec. 7, which are only one day and we can work around them.

None of these dates have any pre-regs, or Instructors signed up yet.

Thanks,
PK

Uncas

Duke Med wants to slice and dice on Nov. 12th  $$-0 so I'll be out for 6 weeks after that. Maybe in the spring for me.

"We can rebuild him, we can make him better, stronger, faster"
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest ... if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity."–Mahatma Gandhi

Sly223

Lee MajorsSteve Austin (THE SIX MILLION $ MAN)
WHENEVER WHATEVER YOUR CONDITION MAKE A CAMIO! HOPE TO SEE YA SOON BROTHER.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

saltypaws

+1 for Nov 22-24 for littleold me....  :~
Nov 15-17 and Dec 13-15 are ok too. :---

Dec 9 is a no go... :wb:

Uncas you getting magic legs?  ..:..

Salty  :cool2:

Uncas

Will do Sly, Salty, getting another plumbing renovation.

Jumpboot

What's the cost of a IBC?
Rifleman 6 May 2012

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

saltypaws

What if we get precooked shrimp? Would that help reduce the cost?  ;)

Sly223

Our fault sending hillbillies,
to do a crackers job!
I am supprised you didn't bring back crawdads! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

PHenry

Cain't we all just get along.  ^-^

That boil was best meal of trip - precooked shrimp and all. Just ask Wildman!

saltypaws

All righty then! I signed up on Ebrite but have to leave by noon on Saturday. Get the fire hose of knowledge ready!! I look forward to getting hosed down. Who all is coming in Thursday? I'll get some firewood gathered for the ubiquitous camp fire round table and bull session for Thursday night.  :pop:

Carry on!

Salty

saltypaws

Ok, I just checked the weather.
Ya'll Florida boys best get out your long-handles -- it's gonna turn cold and wet. I'll see if I can borrow some implements of destruction and split some wood before it rains. We gonna need it Saturday night and Sunday.

Drave safe!

Salty