News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK 3 DAY KD SHOOT, AUG 31-SEPT 2

Started by NorCal22Gal, September 04, 2013, 08:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

HAT CREEK 3 DAY KD APPLESEED

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!

No other way to describe it.  The weather was perfect mid 80's. 

This ended up being an all instructor event, with the exception of Judy who came out with her husband Brian (an instructor). 

We started Saturday with a few hours of classroom work, learning about trajectory, come ups, IMC, and building solid tight positions.

After lunch and the First Strike, we shot the Red Coat at 25 yds.   Squares were posted to both zero at the 25 yd distance and to prove a 4MOA group at 25 yds. 

Sighters were then shot at each distance, adjustments made and the stage of the AQT for that distance shot.   No Rifleman scores that day.    We ended the day with a 100 yd red coat with the square head shot posted at 200 yds. (only 4 rounds...3 for the red coat and 1 for the head shot)

We bbq'ed burgers and had an end of day dinner and AAR discussing what everyone had learned about the day.  There were lots of AHA moments through the day and questions answered.

Sunday morning started with a 200 yd Red Coat and head shot.  We were joined for the day by PsychDoc up visiting from Riverside.

Due to a conflict with the scheduling that morning we shared the range with a steel silhouette service rifle match.  We worked with them and they had their match and we shot AQT's.

We broke for lunch and the Second strike, then, it was back to the AQT's.  Rifleman scores were posted by PsychDoc (221 & 219), Huck (201), Brian (204), PinBreaker(204) and Vinnie (214).  PinBreaker and Vinnie posted 1st time KD Rifleman scores while the rest were repeat Rifleman scores.  (Rifleman score for KD is 200 rather than 210)   :---   ^:)^

The day was finished with a 300 yd Red Coat (yes the head shot remained at 200 yds).

More bbq burgers and comments, questions and general conversation made for a great evening.

Monday morning we did some comments and discussion while a few club members sighted in their rifles...deer season starts soon...

Lunch and the Third Strike, then, a 400 yd Red Coat.

AQT's the rest of the day with PinBreaker (222) and Huck (225) rescoring Rifleman...then...on the very last AQT of the day Neve posted his first Rifleman score of 204.   ^:)^ :---

Those who didn't hit the rifleman score, made great improvements throughout the weekend and learned a lot about themselves and their equipment.  Keep practicing and you'll make it next time!

We ended the day with a full distance Red Coat.

I awarded the new KD Riflemen with their Full Distance Strips and Rockers.

This was an amazing, wonderful weekend.  I could not have done it without the help of all the instructors who came up to help out and to shoot.  Without your help we could not have made this work.

Congratulations to the new KD Riflemen, PinBreaker, Vinnie and Neve.  And congrats again to those who re-qualified PsychDoc, Huck, and Brian.

And a grand time was had by all!!

Pictures to follow......

Missy

Thanks to everyone for making it a wonderful event. You are all such a pleasure to be around!

Psych Doc

Thanks to the Nor Cal crew for their hospitality and I hope to see you all again soon.

All the best,
Robert

Melissa

Thank you all so much... I couldn't have asked for a better time. I learned more than I ever thought I could, and I immensely enjoyed our time out on that stunningly gorgeous range.

Hope to see you all again soon!

Melissa

gonejohnny

Vinnie

Thank you, Laurie and Joe for hosting this KD event!  ..:..

The weekend was an incredible learning experience for me, for Melissa, and I know was a lot of fun for all who attended!

The drive up to Hat Creek was gorgeous:

AQTs posted full distance seemed verrrrrry far away:

Seeing these Redcoats posted at full distance was also quite a treat:

> THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for an awesome shoot!  >

-Vinnie

Neve

This is what Appleseed is all about!!! Thanks to Joe and Laurie for hosting us at my favorite range I've been to and to everyone who made this weekend what it was: outstanding! I had a great time and learned so much about my positions and equiptment. Also a big thanks to all who documented this fantastic weekend with all those great pictures!

Mike

56Huck

A fantastic shoot!  A great time was had by all!
Thanks Laurie and Joe for doing all it takes to put these fantastic shoots together

eaglescouter

We are glad to offer this KD opportunity and look forward to the next one in 2014!

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)