News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colt AR 22LR Rifle

Started by Cory Mathis, September 04, 2013, 12:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory Mathis

Where to start???  This rifle shoots very well as long as you don't have a sling on it.  As soon as you start to put pressure on the sling your zero starts to go nutz.  The tighter you pull your sling the more it shoots low.  So the only way this rifle is going to be accurate is on a bench.  Yuck...... or on a bi-pod.......another Yuck.  The sling mount is right on the barrel.  Just some info if anyone is going to purchase this for appleseeds.  Also does anyone have this rifle and know a fix for this.

Thanks,

Casper

draken

Free float rail and sling mount on the rail???? Something like the Daniel Defense Omega 7 ...

"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

TimBeatty

Last year they made 4 versions. I bought 2 of the Colt Umarex SPR .22LR. This is the one with the 21  inch barrel and the full length free float hand guard. This is the best 22 I have ever seen. I looked at the other 3 versions and they would not work well with a sling. This year Umarex decided to discontinue 2 of their versions. The SPR was one of the ones that got discontinued. I attach a quick release sling swivel on the hand guard.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/58591
Tim Beatty

TimBeatty

I did have trigger jobs done to these guns. I also added the A2 carry handel on one and a scope on the other.
Tim Beatty

Cory Mathis

Fix was made..... Got me a free float M&P.  Will test it tomorrow morning.

Casper

PS Thanks for all the feed back.  I like the S&W better already because you can field strip it without making the warranty invalid.

Cory Mathis

OK sighted in my 2x7 scope, open sites, and red dot for this new S&W M&P 22lr.  I didn't have time before I went to work to put the sling on it and get down to business.  I will say that with Federal Bulk ammo it out shot the Colt I had.  By over 1 mil.  That's the good.  The bad is I had 3 stove pipes, in about 60 rounds shot.  Hoping with time this will not be an issue.  I will keep everyone posted on the sling up and holding zero.  I sighted in the scope first then open then red dot.  The picitiny rail is made of plastic, I was worried about it holding zero.  I put the scope back on, and it was within 1 mil.  As it should be after taking off the scope.

Casper

Cory Mathis

OK put sling on this morning and wow did it shoot well.  No problem with change in bullet impact with sling all nice and tight.  Shoots under 3 MOA all day.  It looks like with the ammo I am using it's a 2 MOA rifle.  That's with bulk federal blue box.

Thanks for all the input.

Casper

oladcock

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TimBeatty

Colt, HK, Beretta, and Uzi  in 22 are all the same gun. Umerax makes them in Germany. With a trigger job you can get a good trigger. Some of them are better than others for what we do. You have to get the models with the free float hand guards for it to work with a sling.
Tim Beatty