News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spearfish, South Dakota - Possible Range

Started by scuzzy, August 30, 2013, 01:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I received an email which asked about holding an Appleseed in Spearfish, SD.

Appleseed has held shoots there before about 2 years ago. Since the question was sent by a non-instructor I'd like to find out if there are instructors nearby that could run this event.

Here's the text of the email:

Hello -   
We are interested in hosting an Appleseed event the weekend of 9/28 in Spearfish, SD.  There was an event at the range about 2 years ago, so I am wondering if there is a "simplified" application we can fill out to get the process going? 
We have approximately 10 people already lined up who can come that weekend, so would expect to get 20+ without a problem. 
Please contact/call me as soon as possible to let us know if this will be feasible.  Call would be preferable today as I (Neil) am off today. 
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BuzzG

I'm open that weekend and can do it. We have an Orange Hat near Chamberlain I could check with.

Buzz

jlbruhn13

Gotta work that weekend sadly.  Then again for like the last 2 years, I've had to work almost every weekend  :'(

just1man

scuzzy - I am the one who sent the email (and actually just sent you a follow-up).  I see BuzzG is open and willing!  Great news!  ^:)^

Please let me know what else I can assist with to make this a success!

Neil

Cory Mathis

I could make this shoot.  Please let me know, if you need me.

Casper.

BuzzG

woodwerks

I'll be helping teenpact survival kids during the firearms portion of their week  (shooting mosins , AR's and 22's  , very cool) tomorrow and will be presenting the appleseed to these kids, I think I can get quite a few of them and their families for a shoot in Spearfish if we get the go ahead.

I'd love some fliers  to distribute and will try to download some from the forum.

?'s call me at 605-391-2646

Rick

scuzzy

Quote from: woodwerks on September 10, 2013, 08:00:42 PM
I'll be helping teenpact survival kids during the firearms portion of their week  (shooting mosins , AR's and 22's  , very cool) tomorrow and will be presenting the appleseed to these kids, I think I can get quite a few of them and their families for a shoot in Spearfish if we get the go ahead.

I'd love some fliers  to distribute and will try to download some from the forum.

?'s call me at 605-391-2646

Rick

Just put it on the schedule:

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=489

BuzzG

This shoot is ON! We have 11 signed up already with more coming. We could us some Instructor help.

Here is a flier for the shoot.

BuzzG

Wally

Quote from: BuzzG on September 11, 2013, 10:49:14 PM
This shoot is ON! We have 11 signed up already with more coming. We could us some Instructor help.

Here is a flier for the shoot.

BuzzG

I'd love to help out with this, but just have too many things that weekend already. And the Wife will be flying home to see her family the day after.   :'(
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

woodwerks

Hi folks,

I've had a few folks ask me what time the event will start and approx. end, could this be posted and put
on the information page for the shoot?
Thanks,

Rick

just1man

Quote from: woodwerks on September 19, 2013, 12:07:51 AM
Hi folks,

I've had a few folks ask me what time the event will start and approx. end, could this be posted and put
on the information page for the shoot?
Thanks,

Rick

Good question Rick.  It isn't in the most intuitive location, but if you click on the registration link at the bottom of the page it states:

Schedule: Sat 8:30am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am-4:00pm (as conditions permit)

All Participants are responsible for being prepared, Please be sure to read your confirmation e-mail.  It will direct you to links on how to prepare for this event. or go to: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=101.0

For Sunday only Participants, all of the skills will be taught on Saturday.  We will attempt to catch you up the best we can.

Scuzzy/Buzz, if possible, I agree with Rick it would be helpful to have the times listed on the PDF flyer.

If his is a first Appleseed for the folks inquiring, please assure them this a very family friendly event and there is no pressure if someone is struggling or wore out. We have several new shooters coming, and several young kids.

My contact info is on the flyer above as the local contact.  Anyone is welcome to call or email me anytime!
Neil

woodwerks

Thanks Shannon
I'll pass the word
take care,
Rick

MrFixit

Hey, do you guys still need help? I think I could make it to this event, will be in Rapid City that weekend anyway, with not much to do Sat. and Sun.... I wouldn't mind the opportunity to move up a level as well. :-) Currently IIT3, would like to move to IIT4, only need to tell the first strike yet... :-)
  Andrew B.

scuzzy

Quote from: MrFixit on September 19, 2013, 10:47:54 AM
Hey, do you guys still need help? I think I could make it to this event, will be in Rapid City that weekend anyway, with not much to do Sat. and Sun.... I wouldn't mind the opportunity to move up a level as well. :-) Currently IIT3, would like to move to IIT4, only need to tell the first strike yet... :-)
  Andrew B.

Yes - event is on schedule and has 12 shooters signed up. BuzzG signed up already as SB.

BuzzG

Quote from: MrFixit on September 19, 2013, 10:47:54 AM
  Andrew B.

You bet! First strike is yours.

Buzz

just1man

Excellent news guys!  3 Instructors!

Please let me know what else I can be doing here to get things ready for you!

MrFixit

OK, I will plan on coming... :-) Do you need any supplies that you know of? Loaner rifles? Staplers, thumbtacks?
Looking forward to meeting you all! Should be a lot of fun. Now I need to spend some time brushing up on my history... ;-)
   Andrew B, AKA. MrFixit