News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Trip to WY with FSW

Started by colonial shooter, June 27, 2007, 05:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

WOW what a trip! 25hr driving marathon to beautiful Guernsey WY. I thought the reports of those ranges were exagerated. Folks let me tell you, they are not! The ranges were run by Guernseyrifleman and his wife, job well done.The pop up range 50-300 was breathtaking. 16 lanes of targets controlled via computer that can score your hits. No two lanes were remotely the same. Friday included a pistol course taught by Boston T. Party, attendees included Atlas Shrug,:Cabinboy:Jack A Sol and many others. Saturday there were the KD(known distance) range and  for qualified rifleman the pop up range.  I had time Sunday as RSO to watch the activities. The usual rifles in attendance: M1A, Garands, HK91\ variants,AR15s, 10/22s and even a bolt gun or two.  I met a lot of wonderful folks who are all patriots, and some in states that we aren't, looking for places for the tour to stop. My trip has moved up my migration to that state tremenduosly. I have ten weeks to report to my new job in Casper. Off to get the packing started. I will post some pics as soon as they arrive.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

KentuckyRifle

Thanks for your writeup on this. I have a burning desire to get to Wyoming myself, and even have my wife on board with the idea. Right now, my main job is selling log homes and I dont want to try to move out to a state with such a low population density and try to get a sales job out there. I am studying CSS, PHP, MySQL, etc in the evenings and weekends trying to build my skills in those areas and hopefully be able to make a move out in a few years.

Old Dog

Sorry, didn't realize there was one here already
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Old Dog

a couple more
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Old Dog

2 more

Old Dog

2 more

Old Dog

last one

colonial shooter

Thanks Jim, I hope everyone enjoys the great views
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

funfaler

I just passed through WY a couple of times this last week, very nice.

I too have longings to make the move.  It is quite a change from the green lands of KY, but freedom is quite beatuiful, even if it is brown.

I must admit that I spent 3 days in Yellowstone National Park.  You can not swing a dead cat without hitting a tree hugging, liberal there.  This is a beautiful part of the state, that has been ruined by the liberal crowd.  Very anti-freedom in that corner of the state. 

The rest.  I like. But again, must admit to not spending much time in the rest.  Next trip will fix that.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

CB3

Those pix of the pop-up range sure make it look more inviting than my January visit (Frozin Chosin shoot)laying in about 8" of snow at about 20 degrees. Very realistic. Great range. Come up with any excuse to get to such a shoot in Guernsey.  CB3

KentuckyRifle

funfaler,

It is interesting to hear another Kentuckians take on the Wyoming territory. I want to move to Wyoming but I sure would miss the trees and hills if I wound up someplace flat and brown. Are you actually planning to move out at some point or just had the thought pass through your mind?

colonial shooter

Well the time is here for the move. Thirty hours left before the big Migration. Hopefully I'll be there by Sat 8th of Sept. Gotta get set up before the snow hits. Changing regions is going to be a new feeling, not being within hours of the home range, or surrounded by friends. I have a few there but I will still miss my shooting buddies in VA.

Plato

Atlas Shrug

Safe travels, Colonial Shooter.

I hope to see you in WY before too long.  At worst, I reckon the 2008 FSW Jam.

Live the dream!

The Guy