News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaplin, CT Aug 24 & 25, 2013

Started by VietVet, August 26, 2013, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

The Fin, Fur & Feather Club in Chaplin once again were hosts to a great event. Great range which added to both the fun and Marksmanship knowledge all the Shooters went home with. Thanks Fin, Fur & Feather for letting us hold our event at your Range.

Once again Team Northeast joined ranks to make this Shoot a success. Instructors and Shooters from both NY and CT were on the line. A total team effort. So to all involved thank you and job well done.

These Shooters wouldn't quit. I let it be know the Instructors were willing to stay as late as they wanted us to on Saturday. The Shoot was scheduled to end at 4PM but after each AQT I asked who wanted to do another and ALL hands went up. So AQT's we did. We left the range on Saturday just after 6:30PM and only then because ammo for some was becoming an issue.  Thank you to all the Shooters for lifting up the Instructors with your eagerness and never ending energy.

To the Instructor crew also a big Thank you and job very well done. Again a team effort.
Josey Wales, CaptMac, Aicirtap, and Kathy who was very willing to step up and stand in as an Orange Hat for this event. Kathy will be wearing that OH permanently as an IIT when she shoots that 210. This weekend she did score over 200 but just couldn't kick that door in.

Thank you and welcome Heavyduty77 our newest IIT from CT. Pete accepted his OH this weekend and was working the line by days end Sunday.

So many stories, so many thank yous but in the end GREAT WEEKEND.

I'm sure some involved will be along to fill in what I've left out.
I'll get the photos posted ASAP.

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

VietVet

As promised here are some photos.

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Josey Wales

..Great job VietVet running an organized informative safe shoot, pleaseure working for you, with you.. CaptMac outstanding seeing you my brother you never dissapoint, great work.  Patricia it was wonderful to meet you keep up the good work you are a dilligent IIT.  Kathy thank you for stepping up and helping out, you are on your way.  Pete you are an asset to our program thank you for stepping up, great to see you again.  Chaplin, CT is a good range and I will be back.  Team Northeast helping each other working together AS ONE.  Together we stand - divided we fall - keeping the faith..

..............Strength & Honor......................Josey Wales....................................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

bkrett

Huge Thanks to all of you involved in making it an amazing weekend.  Brian and I had such a great time.  I didn't make rifleman (didn't expect to my first time out!) But was really happy going from a first AQT of 124 to my personal best of 186 thanks to all of your great instruction.  What an awesome way to spend a couple of days.  I can't wait to come back to another with a few friends!  Here is a pic of my daughter with the special gift Nick sent to her, she LOVED it!!

Josey Wales

..And that is why I Appleseed....God Bless.....................

...................Nick...........................

bkrett

I just wanted to update our wonderful instructors from this event.  My husband, Brian, just attended another Appleseed event (along with my Father) up in New Hampshire.  He came home with both of these.  A new Orange hat in the ranks and another hand to help out in the CT area, maybe you guys won't have to make the drive all the way from NY next time :)  Thanks for your inspiration!

Bethany

Josey Wales

Quote from: bkrett on September 16, 2013, 08:07:56 PM
I just wanted to update our wonderful instructors from this event.  My husband, Brian, just attended another Appleseed event (along with my Father) up in New Hampshire.  He came home with both of these.  A new Orange hat in the ranks and another hand to help out in the CT area, maybe you guys won't have to make the drive all the way from NY next time :)  Thanks for your inspiration!

Bethany

..Great Job!!  We can always use the help, especially from people who know what they are about.. 
                    Thank You..............Strength & Honor..........Josey Wales..............