News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Menomonie Wisconsin, August 17-18, 2013

Started by martin, August 19, 2013, 07:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

Excellent weather ,eager students, and plenty of instructors made for a successful weekend at the Menomonie Rifle and Pistol Club. Beck(Gunner) has stepped up and did his 1st official shoot boss in training and did an oustanding job.I can't forget to mention that both Wisconsin and Minnesota has a new RedHat,,,Wally! Good job Kurt! O0 O0 O0 Now the real work starts. ~~:) ~~:)
Thanks to all the instructors this weekend, RustyRed, Wally, Hiro, Bugggin-out,and Nate_M, 
Congratulations to Gary for re-qualifying.
Thanks to our good friends and Partners, the Menomonie Rifle and Pistol Club.
I also want to thank all the people that made donations to Appleseed this weekend, Mike, Jim, and Jim Blair of Blair's Hardware.

We should see some pictures soon.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

RustyRed

Great shoot
here are some pic's, an later I will post more

Gunner

Beck "Gunner" notes and observations:

Shooters:
We had a nice mix of male (Rich, Gary, John, Mike, Jim) and female (Carole, Rhonda, April, Patti) shooters as well as two youth shooters (Vincent and Caslin) on the line which created a fun shoot for all who participated. All shooters picked up fast on safety and safe rifle rules plus learned and applied steady hold factors, six steps to firing a shot, and learned quickly the value of the secret sauce called NPOA.  We had two returning Rifleman at the event; Congrats to Gary who re-qualified twice and earned the Gold Rifleman patch....possibly an orange hat next in the AS journey?  Thanks to our shooters who brought great attitudes and a willingness to listen and apply new techniques they learned...AQT and Red Coat scores showed improvement over the course of the weekend. It seemed that our shooters had a great time learning marksmanship skills and learning about key events that took place on April 19, 1775.  I believe the stories helped resonate the need for engagement to preserve liberties, rights, and freedom amongst our shooters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciation & Thanks:
My formal thanks to Martin for giving me an opportunity to participate under his guidance as a Shoot Boss-In Training (SBIT) at this weekend's shoot in Menomonie.  Martin was a great mentor in sharing his Course of Fire/Knowledge/Perspective of how the event was progressing while giving me latitude to manage events and activities.

My sincere appreciation to the instructor team (Rob, Wally, Hiro, RustyRed, Nate) for their contributions in helping to make this weekend's shoot a success for our shooters, their team-work and camaraderie came through. Congratulations to Wally on earning his Red Hat; I have new friends in NW WI and in MN now to reach out to within the AS network.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Range Facilities:
The range facilities were excellent - thanks to Menomonie Rifle and Pistol Club for providing target stands for us to use and for also providing ground sheets to help with our shooters comfort while they shot off the ground.

Weather:
I think all would agree that we were fortunate to have sunny and moderately warm weather which made for a nice comfortable shoot.
Wind levels were low so we were not negatively impacted with target stands blowing over other than for a few minor incidences of tape coming off some targets. ALL-IN-ALL, we had great weather.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall:
We now have a new team of patriots who can help preserve liberty and freedom .......their journey to becoming a Rifleman has begun!
Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

RustyRed

more pic's
:pics: