News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona , CA Aug 17/18 2013 AAR

Started by V, August 19, 2013, 01:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

Another Corona shoot in the bag.

Five first time Appleseeders joined us, 4 pre-registered and one last minute walk-on, plus a returning shooter showing us young'uns a thing about determination and perseverance. It was an inspiration to have you on the line Dushan.

Jake and Michelle showed great improvement over the weekend, Jake giving a 215 on the first AQT Sunday and repeating a 216 on the next. Michelle uncovered some mechanical problems late on  Sunday with the rear tech-sight opening up a horizontal group - darn. I'm sure you'll have it next time. CMP completion certificate is on its way in the mail.

Larry and Moe were missing Curly but not each  others targets :) and provided much repartee as only old friends can. Again, lots learned about what to do with the rifles and practice for next time should see that plateau crested.

Sean again worked out what he needs for his rifle and on Sunday showed everyone a very nice Kydex cheek riser that he knocked up in the toaster oven over night O0

Looking forward to handing out more Rifleman patches at the upcoming shoots to this group, especially if they all bring those CMP Garands next time...

A big thank you to our new IIT Daniel out for his first shoot as an instructor in training with a great job calling the line on Sunday. Couldn't have done it without you.

Jake, attend one more Appleseed as a shooter and let your next shootboss or me know you are definitely interested in becoming an Instructor and we'll get you set up. Email in-bound. The requirement is to have attended at least two AS as a shooter (too make sure you have a chance to sample and absorb what we are about) and to have shot a Rifleman score at some point (so you know what you are about).

Cheers
Phil "V"

Jake_R3PR

Thanks for a great class Phil!!! Michelle and I had a lot of fun.  I was actually interested in what I needed to do in order to start teaching the Appleseeds.

Jake
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Johnnyappleseed

Hi Jake ,

The Appleseed concept is learn today, teach tommorow .
The 1st step in becoming an Appleseed instructor is to shoot a Rifleman score of 210 or above .
Once that's done attend one more Appleseed and notify your shoot boss. If you forget at the shoot a PM to him/her will get the process started .

Welcome aboard Sir .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge