News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramsuer Question

Started by scuzzy, August 15, 2013, 12:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I received an email asking if the Ramsuer range is open to RWVA members when events are not taking place. I'd appreciate it if somebody could email the guy that asked this. Text pasted below: (I've already emailed CMP about the question about whether a Appleseed Pistol Clinic qualifies as marksmanship training. Awaiting a reply on that.

Doug (hp1796@yahoo.com) has a question for you about your event Ramseur, NC Pistol Only Appleseed August 17, 2013.

Hello RWVA NC! I noticed there is a pistol marksmanship course this weekend on 8/17. Does this satisfy the CMP requirement for marksmanship? Also, is the range open to members when there are not events taking place? Thanks, Doug in Raleigh
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

number6

I had had this message before, and the word was that no event - no access.

I thought I had sent a message back to both Dougs emails, if you are using an email client they may not transmit through as I go directly to the web interface for gmail

number6
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Fred

number6, you are correct as to the general public.

However, there is a membership option.

The RWVA is open to memberships - applicants are expected to be veterans of Appleseed (at least two) and have to be able to shoot "rifleman" on the AQT and adhere to the values and rules of the organization.

Membership is $250 per year and grants range access year-round.

This "membership" as you can guess is a different membership from the ordinary "$20 membership", the latter being an associate membership which meets the CMP requirements.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

scuzzy

Quote from: Fred on August 15, 2013, 03:20:53 PM

This "membership" as you can guess is a different membership from the ordinary "$20 membership", the latter being an associate membership which meets the CMP requirements.

Where do they purchase the 'range membership?'

BTW: CMP said a Appleseed Pistol Clinic meets the marksmanship qualification.

Fred

Quote from: scuzzy on August 15, 2013, 05:19:49 PM

BTW: CMP said a Appleseed Pistol Clinic meets the marksmanship qualification.

Wow! That's GREAT! O0

As to the range membership, since they're "local", they need to call me (warehouse: 919 663 2027)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

scuzzy

Quote from: Fred on August 15, 2013, 03:20:53 PM

number6, you are correct as to the general public.

However, there is a membership option.

The RWVA is open to memberships - applicants are expected to be veterans of Appleseed (at least two) and have to be able to shoot "rifleman" on the AQT and adhere to the values and rules of the organization.

Just received another email with a membership question which I'm not clear as to how to answer. Our standard membership page on the website:

https://appleseedinfo.org/join_rwva.html

On the page linked above it states:

4. As an Associate Member of RWVA, you are part of our club's remarkable shooting program, featuring military popup targets out to 500 yards, rapidfire exciting events commemorating historical events in WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam. You are invited to shoot with us� don't laugh� you never know when business or a vacation will bring you to or past our neighborhood at the right time.

Evidently it's talking about the Ramseur range although that probably wouldn't be clear to most. It's also not clear whether you can shoot there free. So should we even keep that part of the page or remove that paragraph?

It also states on that page:

We can let you camp out at the range (as an associate member, you are deemed automatically tough enough to take the primitive facilities). Military personnel (active, Guard, & Reserve), NRA-Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructors, and military veterans who served honorably can join and order an M1 Garand from CMP immediately � there is no shooting requirement. Others must fire a 50-shot CMP-approved course of fire to demonstrate marksmanship and knowledge of range procedures and safety.

Is there a charge for a standard membership ($20) to camp? Should they call 919 663 2027 to reserve too?

It seems we ought to make things a bit clearer about memberships, both 1 and 5 year, and Ramseur. Unless better defined it would seem we ought to just remove parts of that page.