News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alaska's First Homegrown Red Hat Instructor

Started by George Hacker, August 13, 2013, 06:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Alaska has its first homegrown red hat instructor.  Congratulations, fisherdawg, on earning your red hat! ^:)^

Hope our paths cross on the Appleseed Trail at some point in the future.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

fisherdawg

I'm humbled to be in the company of the Red Hats!
I will give a shout out to our Alaska IIT's:
Let's go Alaska Grown! :) ^:)^
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

ThaiFighter

I have personally witnessed the gentleman's skills in action while on the trail.  A well-deserved promotion indeed.   Welcome to the ranks of them's that wear red!   What will you do with all the extra money from the pay raise?  ;D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

fisherdawg

ThaiFighter,
I'm taking the Alaska Instructor Cadre out for ice cream as soon as possible. ;).  I'll use the pay raise that when it comes through!
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Pete!

Congratulations!  Well done!

Ice cream?  Yes please!   ;D
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

bob 210

Wally, I never had a doubt in you! I knew fronm the first time I laid eyes on you that you were gonna go far in this program. Congratulations....when is your first SBIT!?!?!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

fisherdawg

Believe it or not Bob, been there done that. ;)
It's kind sink or swim with Fred.
;D

Quote from: bob 210 on August 15, 2013, 07:13:32 PM
Wally, I never had a doubt in you! I knew fronm the first time I laid eyes on you that you were gonna go far in this program. Congratulations....when is your first SBIT!?!?!

fisherdawg

fisherdawg

Thanks PHenry. I am more honored than you know to be your 'grandson'
in the program O0 ^:)^
Thanks to Itsansks.  He has me on probation, but if he thinks he's getting the Red Hat back, well.... ;)

Quote from: PHenry on August 15, 2013, 07:44:25 AM
O0

fisherdawg

fisherdawg

Couldn't have done it without ya, Pete!  (Not Kidding, that)
Thanks O0

Quote from: Pete! on August 14, 2013, 01:32:31 PM
Congratulations!  Well done!

Ice cream?  Yes please!   ;D

fisherdawg

Thanks, you ought to make Alaska number 36. Loooking for an SB (maybe) 9/28 & 29 ;D

Quote from: hawkhavn on August 13, 2013, 10:21:30 PM
Congrats!

HH

fisherdawg

Thanks PK, will be getting strongly on the LibertySeed Trail once Freeze Up hits -- aint long! ;D

Quote from: Pain Killer on August 13, 2013, 09:36:14 PM
Impressive! Congratulations   ^:)^

PK

fisherdawg

fisherdawg

Shadowman, thank you for everything!  Now can you get me some ....... ;)
fisherdawg
O0 ^:)^

Quote from: ShadowMan on August 13, 2013, 06:28:11 PM
Alaska has its first homegrown red hat instructor.  Congratulations, fisherdawg, on earning your red hat! ^:)^

ShadowMan

Johnnyappleseed

ShadowMan

I heard fisherdawg on Scouts Rifleman show last night . A totally class act .
Welcome aboard Sir !
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

fisherdawg

Thanks Johnny!
I hope we get to meet on the trail. ;D
fisherdawg

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on August 16, 2013, 01:05:21 PM

ShadowMan

I heard fisherdawg on Scouts Rifleman show last night . A totally class act .
Welcome aboard Sir !

jasoncshooter

Congrats fisherdawg! I know you try to give us IIT's the credit but it was because of your well thought out plan that we were able to help you. You truly did an amazing job and everything went smoothly. I will let you know when I will be back in Alaska for summer once I find out.

fisherdawg

Hey Jason,
Just knock the nice stuff, ok?  ;)
Seriously, I've learned a lot from your instruction as a shooter and and it's was a pleasure working the event with you.  We ALL (vaquero, eagleriver, Pete! Taka222 & Fred too) worked as team for a successful shoot.  Best wishes on school & that summer course, be safe and come instruct when you can. O0 Tell Adam we expect him back soon and he will look a lot better under an orange hat. ;D
Quote from: jasoncshooter on August 19, 2013, 09:56:40 PM
Congrats fisherdawg! I know you try to give us IIT's the credit but it was because of your well thought out plan that we were able to help you. You truly did an amazing job and everything went smoothly. I will let you know when I will be back in Alaska for summer once I find out.