News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rainbow, CA August 3 & 4, 2013

Started by StormN, August 06, 2013, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormN

We had another great weekend at L.E. Duncan's Rainbow Range, a small but dedicated group overcame the 22lr ammo shortage and learned marksmanship, history and heritage. All were receptive to the instruction and  the history presentations. On Sunday we had two of the returning shooters Diana & Dennis attain their Rifleman scores along with first time Appleseed attendee Brett do the same. Just to show that it was not a fluke they followed up with more Rifleman scores. The rest of the attendees showed great improvement over the weekend. Erika showed great improvement after switching her to a scoped LTR. Also in attendance were repeat Rifleman Andy and Veronica practicing and honing their skills with a variety of rifles. Dennis also took the Orange Hat and I believe he will be a great asset to the program. I hope to see all of you again soon and work on the 7th stepping and bring out your family, friends & neighbors. To all of the instructors that helped out Thank You. Norm
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

StormNSheri

Here are some more of the pictures. Thank You all for coming out and hope to see you all again soon. Sheri

StormNSheri

Round 2 of pictures. If anyone pictured would like a Hi Res version please PM me and I can provide it.

BZLuck

Thank you all for an amazing weekend!

We are both looking forward to seeing everyone (hopefully) again in October, all variables considered.

Footnote: I bought Erica a scope for her 10/22 and found a printable version of the Q&D AQT on-line. I'm going to keep her practiced up and ready to take another run at the patches!

Thanks again!

Brett (& Erica)

Legacy

WOW! What a weekend!

It was a small group with a lot of dedication!

Congratulations Diana! There is a lot to be said for making Rifleman at your 3rd Appleseed - especially when your first Appleseed was the first time you'd ever shot a gun! Awesome! We know you've made your dad proud!

Congratulations Dennis! You overcame the frustrations & set backs and made it all come together to achieve Rifleman. Way to go! And, thanks for taking the Orange hat!

Congratulations Brett! Making Rifleman at your first Appleseed is very cool! Great job! And, now that Erica has that scope, we'll get her there too!

Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on some 22LR ammo real soon so we can make more Riflemen! It was a great weekend. See you in October!

Debby
Remember their sacrifice. Celebrate our liberty. Cherish your freedom.