News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Vienna, OH August 3-4, 2013

Started by EZ3, August 05, 2013, 10:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

WOW!  What a weekend!  Thank you VERY much to Vienna Fish and Game for hosting PROJECT Appleseed.  For those in NE Ohio who have not taken the opportunity to check out this club, you are missing out!  There were lots of club member volunteers on hand both days, and they helped keep things running smoothly.  Even served lunch on Sunday!

Also, a big THANK YOU to the twenty patriotic Americans who came out to turn some precious ammunition into priceless expertise.  Fourteen of them were ladies.  It was almost a LadySeed!  The students put the Points of Instruction to good use.  Nine showed effective marksmanship skill at ranges from 100-400 yards on Saturday morning.  By that afternoon most of them had extended their effective range, and three more "got in the game"!  By the end of the day on Sunday the hectic pace of an Appleseed weekend had taken its toll on the student body, but there were still six determined shooters who wanted ONE MORE AQT.

Finally, kudos to MsMtnEagle for organizing the event and doing the set-up work, and to Birdman for VOLUNTEERING to take the three ladies with no rifle experience who showed up Sunday morning under his wing.

It was a GREAT weekend!  Can we do it again next year?   
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

shootnstr8

Thanks to all for a great weekend. Lee, Mr Happy, Dan and all the rest of the great volunteers made this a great weekend! My wife who could only attend Saturday observes firearms and shooting in a new light and she is now hooked and cant wait to attend another Appleseed. I was in the 170's on the AQT and bested at 182...that's a long way to Rifleman! Thanks to the Vienna Fish and Game for the hospitality...it is a very nice range. Again thanks to all !

MsMtnEagle

It was a FANTASTIC weekend!  :-) Lots of WONDERFUL students with POSITIVE attitudes and GREAT fortitude!  It was an easy event to host and work, (it hardly seemed like work!)  A huge thanks to everyone who made this event possible!  Wonderful AS staff!  Wonderful volunteers from the club!  Next year, we will definately cater lunch Saturday AND Sunday and possibly offer breakfast!  Yum! 
  I will work on the club members to see if we could possibly offer 2 events a year!  I think we were a big hit and many were sad that it happens just once a year.   :'(
YES! Lets do it again!  SOON! 
Pam
MsMtnEagle
"I never said it would be easy, I said it would be worth it"
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"  
"What would you choose to do today if you KNEW that you would succeed?"

Birdman

Finally have a chance to check in. MsMtnEagle, you did good! Trying to get shooters to the firing line has been tough lately, but you helped make this one of the highest turnouts in Ohio. Thank you!
Weather was just about the best we could ever hope for in early August. The shooters came with open minds and open hearts to learn and hear what we had to say.
EZ3, thanks for popping into Ohio again, two weeks in a row, plus putting on all the Appleseed Events in Western PA. A big Huzzah! to you!
Wheeler, what a great dummy! I mean that in a good way  ;)  Your positions are perfect, which helped all students really see what the positions are really suppose to look like.
Mr Happy, when I saw so many shooters show up...boy was I glad to see your "happy" face. Ahhhhhh, relaxxxxxxxxx.

Shooters....so many on the line...so many names. Thank you all for coming. I hope you will be back and bring others with you.
I saw incredible improvement, and your groups on those 1" squares shrank, and I could see light bulbs pop on here and there.
To the 3 new lady shooters, I am very glad you could not resist Pam's nudging to get to this Appleseed Event. I hope you enjoyed learning something entirely new to you, and perhaps will attend another Appleseed event. You all did great!
And lastly, I thank Vienna Fish and Game Club for again hosting this event. I have not missed one yet. Vienna was my first Appleseed event as an IIT....April 18 & 19, 2009. I think this will be the 5th year of Project Appleseed at Vienna. The range and facilities are perfect, and your members are the best. They were eager to help in anyway asked.
Regards to all,
Roger aka Birdman