News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AR500 Appleseed targets

Started by Bobcat Steel, August 01, 2013, 03:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobcat Steel

I hope this isn't out of line....please delete if so.

A few of the guys from the Texas group are wanting to do some more full size D-targets (4 zone). Looks like the interest is in doing both full size and half size targets from 3/8" AR500. I know some of you got in the original group buy a few years back and others have gotten with me since, but I wanted to let the information out to see if anyone wants in.

Pricing will be finalized as the interest slows down, but expect it to be $130-150 on a full size and $40ish on a half. Pricing includes mounting holes.

I made a post on our Facebook page the other day to try and drum up some interest, but it hasn't been as well received as I had expected. Feel free to 'share' the post where ever you see fit.

www.facebook.com/bobcatsteel

Please either contact me via PM or email (appleseedGB@bobcatsteel.com) to discuss your interest. Go ahead and post up any questions on here as someone else will probably have the same one.

Ideally I want to have this wrapped up so that I can have targets available for you guys to pick up at the Indy1500 later this month.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Bobcat Steel on August 01, 2013, 03:04:00 PM
I hope this isn't out of line....please delete if so.

Not out of line at all, it's welcomed.

Did you ever hear from a Wendy Vankorn of Westfield Steel? She contacted me about some full sheets of AR500 that was overstock and dirty. I couldn't handle the amount so I gave her your contact info as a possible buyer.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

I was in on some sheet pricing recently and they wanted 820 bucks for a4x8 sheet.  Bobcat Steel is literally a STEAL.

As a testamonial I have shot mine with all sorts of stuff including 30 cal AP and it still looks 100%. No fracturing or large dimples.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Bobcat Steel

Quote from: yellowhousejake on August 01, 2013, 11:09:42 PM
Not out of line at all, it's welcomed.

Did you ever hear from a Wendy Vankorn of Westfield Steel? She contacted me about some full sheets of AR500 that was overstock and dirty. I couldn't handle the amount so I gave her your contact info as a possible buyer.

YHJ

I did. I found getting information from her like pulling teeth. She never did give me any of the information I was after. I have tried to give them a shot a few different occasions now and every chance they have failed me in spectacular ways.

Thanks for looking out, though.

Quote from: SPQR on August 01, 2013, 11:22:50 PM
I was in on some sheet pricing recently and they wanted 820 bucks for a4x8 sheet.  Bobcat Steel is literally a STEAL.

As a testamonial I have shot mine with all sorts of stuff including 30 cal AP and it still looks 100%. No fracturing or large dimples.

Thanks for the feedback!

Pitmaster

I'll be interested in one or two. Probably one of each.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

SteelThunder

I'm in...one of each.  I missed the last group buy and have regretted since.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

ATM

Already contacted via email about a half-size target, but I'll subscribe to this thread for any updates.

Bobcat Steel is the real deal. Appleseed tough.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Eddie

Quote from: ATM on August 02, 2013, 12:04:25 PM
Already contacted via email about a half-size target, but I'll subscribe to this thread for any updates.

Bobcat Steel is the real deal. Appleseed tough.

You can say that again.  I was nervous the first time I let the shooters go center fire on my targets but they have held up to .223, .30, .308 and 7.62x54R without any dents or holes.  So far they just get a fresh coat of red between KDs.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Maynard

Put me down for one of each... PM inbound!

Andre

For the record, I'm in for one full size  -  replied to Kimball's email a moment ago   :)

Andre

SPQR

I have literally kicked the cr@p out of mine.  I have shot it with everything I have (including AP).  It been drug around behind the truck, its been run over, its been shot when it was frozen, its been subjected to all kinds of horrible.  great product.  For those of you thinking, "Yeah, but its just steel.  Steel is pretty tough."  No, steel isn't shooting it with the kitchen sink tough, and its a lot less safe to shoot soft steel than it is to shoot good AR 500.

BOBCAT STEEL is a good product, good company, and a good dude.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Steck

What are the dimensions and weights of both of these targets?

Bobcat Steel

Quote from: Steck on August 04, 2013, 01:33:23 AM
What are the dimensions and weights of both of these targets?

The full size is 33.87lbs and the half size is 8.5lbs.

Full:

Half:

Bobcat Steel

I have enough verbal commitments that I am ready to proceed with this.

Targets will be 3/8" AR500 laser cut with holes.
$140 on the full size. $40 on the half size. Hole options are going to be either two holes as shown above, or a single hole centered in the 'head'. Customer's choice on holes. We will be making a cut to get ready for an upcoming show, so we will leave this open until August 11th. Payments will need to be received by then. Targets will ship out the week of August 26th.

Targets can be shipped or picked up. These will be ready to pick up at the Indy 1500 Aug 23-25th. If you want to do group shipping, please arrange that amongst yourselves and let us know where to ship. Ideally the group shipments would be treated with a single order/payment.

We will start taking orders/payments on Monday.

Thanks!

appleseedGB@bobcatsteel.com
406-570-4373

Bobcat Steel

I don't seem to have the ability to do it or I would....

If appropriate, could one of you re-post this info in the Steals/Deals section? I'd like to make sure everyone has the opportunity to get in on this that might want to.

So far it seems the exposure has been limited to Indiana, Texas, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania.

Thanks.

Pitmaster

Should we order through the website or via email?

Anyone else in N. Indiana getting in and want to try to combine a pickup at the 1500 or shipping. I doubt if I can get to the 1500, but if someone farther north is going arranging to meet later works for me.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

AAOptics

If any of you cant make the 1500, but are coming out to my house the following weekend and would like me to bring them home with me Id be happy to walk the 2 feet over to kimballs booth and grab them.

Bobcat Steel

Quote from: Pitmaster on August 04, 2013, 06:00:06 AM
Should we order through the website or via email?

email is going to work best

Quote from: 42769vette on August 04, 2013, 10:28:00 AM
If any of you cant make the 1500, but are coming out to my house the following weekend and would like me to bring them home with me Id be happy to walk the 2 feet over to kimballs booth and grab them.

Thanks Alan

Aromatic

Quote from: Bobcat Steel on August 04, 2013, 02:31:40 AM
If appropriate, could one of you re-post this info in the Steals/Deals section? I'd like to make sure everyone has the opportunity to get in on this that might want to.

So far it seems the exposure has been limited to Indiana, Texas, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania.

Thanks.

Posted here.  Let me know if you want me to add or remove any info.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=36980.0

The drawback to the deals and steals section is that only some people can post/reply to threads.

Will you be able to ship the 50% targets in flat rate boxes?  Looks like 8 50% targets would fit in the Medium Box 2.... :)

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-flat.htm