News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Searsburo, IA July 27 - 28, 2013

Started by BuzzG, August 01, 2013, 12:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuzzG

Searsboro, IA

It was good to be back at Brownells private range for a beautiful weekend of Apleseeding! This range is top-notch and a big thanks goes out to the folks a Brownells for hosting an Appleseed weekend. There are two more shoots scheduled here later this year.

We had 11 shooters answer the muster drum for the weekend. There was one family of 6, three friends, and a Father and Son. Our first RedCoat opened some eyes but the shot groups got tighter in a hurry. All were great students of marksmanship and made huge strides throughout the weekend.

By Sunday afternoon we had forged 3 new Riflewomen and had one re-qualify. Most of the others were shooting 190+ by the close of the weekend.

It's always a pleasure to spend the weekend with newly awakened Americans and Alex and I thank you for getting off the couch!

Scoring the first RedCoat

Alex teaches the seated position

The family that shoots together...

Working on the seated position

Our first Riflewoman with a 211

Our second Riflewoman

Alex teaches Known Distance

The third stirke of the match

Father / Son

Husband and Wife

Our 3rd Riflewoman listens to the third strike. She scored 220 on the last AQT!

Thanks again to Brownells for hosting our shoot and thanks to the shooters! It was a great weekend.

BuzzG

JOEMORGAN

Buzz & Alex,  Great work as always...thanks for your service  O0
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

AFTERMATH

Iowa's got a three-Riflewoman-team? 

Yikes! 

Minnesotans! You'd better step it up a bit - That is unless you want WI & IA divvying up the state between themselves!
Who am I kidding?  If they team up, there's no way you can stop a 3RW-team.  Might as well turn in now - So, do you prefer cheese or corn?   ^-^

Oh, crud - I'm fiom Minnesota!

Buzz - Wally - Colonial Iron -- Hold the line!

Kos - vmt - Jason -- Guard the flank!

:--- :--- :---

@)

Congratulations Riflewomen!
O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Alex

It was an fantastic weekend as all Appleseeds tend to be. Again we had another great group of Iowans who got off of the couch. There was a huge amount of improvement over the two days by , and it was the best weather we have ever had for July in Iowa. This was the first time we have been at this range in three years, even though it went well, next time it will be even better for the instructors and students! More KD and camping hopefully. I hope to see bunches of new and returning shooters and instructors there on August 31. A huge thanks to Big Springs for letting us use the range. Thanks to the attendees you were great. Thank you so very much Buzz for helping out. You made the weekend so much better for everyone. If you had not shown up they would have been stuck with just me. That would have not been good for anyone involved  ;) See you all soon.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine