News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI July 27, 2013 ADAPTIVESEED

Started by ITB, July 30, 2013, 02:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Well, Michigan's first Adaptiveseed was a success!  We had 7 shooters spend a very full day with us.  Positive attitudes were abundant, and everyone had a ball.  Dale, thanks for bringing your son and his two friends.  It makes proud and hopeful about our future seeing such fine young men.  Brett - congrats on the 206.  I hope to see you soon to hand you that Rifleman patch when you get over 210.  Isaiah and Carson - you guys were great all day and showed persistence.  You'll be knocking on the door soon enough. 

Thanks to Rodney, Marvin and Dan - you all showed great improvement.  Rodney - you had some very tight groups.  Nice shooting!

Many thanks to all of the instructors that made it out.  We had a 1 to 1 ratio, and the students benefited greatly from your guidance.  Thanks to Caliper, Mac, Hammer, number6, ICEMAN, Gibson and Madhatter.  That's a ton of Appleseed experience present, and it showed.

Special thanks to Harry for bringing his adaptive shooting rig, and for his guidance regarding the positional shooting for our students.

On with some pics:

The rig:

First course of fire after prone instruction:

Dale taking the shot:

Rodney lining everything up on the Squirrel Killer:

Marvin in good position:

Dan shooting with the Smurf Killer:

Mac telling the First Strike:

Caliper teaching NPOA:

Rodney showing off near-perfect offhand position:

Downrange to check targets:

Umm, yeah, that's pretty good shooting   :bow:  (20 shots - Rodney and Dale):

Instructors and shooters:

Carding the sights:

Almost crashed a few times on the way home staring at this:
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

wingwrench

My brother was in a wheelchair (polio). He has been gone for 30 years now. He would have LOVED this! He used to clean up at the county fair with the shooting galleries; does anyone remember those?

MadHatter

What an amazing event!! Even though I was a little late due to driver's ed :shootself: , I still had a great time!! I saw some amazing shooting and hope to see each and every single one of you again soon ~~:)
Keep up the great work everyone! Congrats to Brett on the 206!!

Can't wait til the next shoot!

Madhatter
"Glove up!" Wizard
"Those who stand for nothing fall for everything." Alexander Hamilton